Registered Nurse – MedSurg job in Rocky Mount, VA
Medical Surgical/ MED-SURG/MS Registered Nurse (RN) Travel Job
Medical Surgical/MED-SURG RN Responsibilities:
- The Med-Surg RN provides bedside care for a variety of patients
- He or she develops individualized patient assessments and an individualized plan of care accordingly
- Prepares, administers, and records prescribed medications
- Records patient’s medical information and vital signs
- Monitors, interprets, and records electronic displays
- Initiates alternative action when adverse symptomology is displayed
- Medical Surgical nurses often change dressings, insert catheters, start IVs
- Prepares equipment and assists physician during examination and treatment of patient
- Exhibits understanding and utilization of universal precautions, asepsis and infection control procedures
- Records all care information accurately and completely
- Provides support to patient and family members
- Performs other position related duties as assigned
BENEFITS OF BEING GIFTED!
- Refer a Registered Nurse – You and your referral both get $500 with GIFTED’s Refer an RN Friend Program
- Flexible scheduling
- Premium pay
- Same Day or Weekly Pay
- Ability to work in premier facilities
- Access to Chief Nursing Officer 24-7
- Access to Social Worker 24-7
- Group Health insurance benefits:
- Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Short and Long Term Disability
- AD&D Insurance
Benefits of being a GIFTED TRAVEL NURSE
- Private housing and housing allowance
- Personal Career Coach
- Extremely competitive personalized pay package
One of Virginia’s largest hospital features 703-beds with an additional 60-bed NICU, a level-1 trauma center, and a Children’s Hospital with a pediatric ER. The facility is the only in the area that is Magnet recognized and recently received two 5-Star Awards, for Overall Quality of Care in Ambulatory Surgery and Overall Quality of Care in Endoscopy and was awarded as a Top 10 Hospital in Virginia by U.S. News and World Report. Services offered include cancer care, heart care, neurosurgery, orthopedics, and women’s services.
There are so many fun things to do in the Roanoke, Virginia and the Blue Ridge Mountain area. From galleries and shows to sports and shopping, there are always new experiences for travel nurses to enjoy. As the state recreational, cultural and business hub, Roanoke is known as the “Star City of the South”. The nickname is also attributed to the iconic Roanoke Star, which sits atop Mill Mountain and overlooks the entire region.
ABOUT GIFTED HEALTHCARE
GIFTED Healthcare is a company that believes in the power of one person to make a difference in patient care. Join the ranks of our rapidly growing team of healthcare professionals, and become that difference!
Do you remember why you became a Registered Nurse at GIFTED? We do!