Registered Nurse – MedSurg job in Rapid City, SD
Medical Surgical/ MED-SURG/MS Registered Nurse (RN) Travel Job
Medical Surgical/MED-SURG RN Responsibilities:
- The Med-Surg RN provides bedside care for a variety of patients
- He or she develops individualized patient assessments and an individualized plan of care accordingly
- Prepares, administers, and records prescribed medications
- Records patient’s medical information and vital signs
- Monitors, interprets, and records electronic displays
- Initiates alternative action when adverse symptomology is displayed
- Medical Surgical nurses often change dressings, insert catheters, start IVs
- Prepares equipment and assists physician during examination and treatment of patient
- Exhibits understanding and utilization of universal precautions, asepsis and infection control procedures
- Records all care information accurately and completely
- Provides support to patient and family members
- Performs other position related duties as assigned
BENEFITS OF BEING GIFTED!
- Refer a Registered Nurse – You and your referral both get $500 with GIFTED’s Refer an RN Friend Program
- Flexible scheduling
- Premium pay
- Same Day or Weekly Pay
- Ability to work in premier facilities
- Access to Chief Nursing Officer 24-7
- Access to Social Worker 24-7
- Group Health insurance benefits:
- Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Short and Long Term Disability
- AD&D Insurance
Benefits of being a GIFTED TRAVEL NURSE
- Private housing and housing allowance
- Personal Career Coach
- Extremely competitive personalized pay package
Headquartered in Rapid City, South Dakota, this facility is a community-based health care system with a mission to make a difference, every day. The facility offers care in 33 medical specialties and serves 20 communities across western South Dakota and in eastern Wyoming. With over 4,500 physicians and caregivers, the health system is comprised of 5 hospitals, 8 specialty and surgical centers and more than 40 medical clinics and health care service centers.
Known as the “Gateway to the Black Hills,” Rapid City is the second-largest city in South Dakota. Rapid City’s popular local attractions include Art Alley, Dinosaur Park, the City of Presidents walking tour, Chapel in the Hills, Storybook Island, and Main Street Square. Rapid City is also a short distance from the iconic Mount Rushmore National Memorial, which attracts 3 million visitors per year. Visit Custer State Park to see majestic wildlife like bison, antelope, and mountain goats, or check out the nearby Old West town of Deadwood. Take your next nursing adventure in South Dakota with GIFTED Healthcare!
ABOUT GIFTED HEALTHCARE
GIFTED Healthcare is a company that believes in the power of one person to make a difference in patient care. Join the ranks of our rapidly growing team of healthcare professionals, and become that difference!
Do you remember why you became a Registered Nurse at GIFTED? We do!