Registered Nurse – MedSurg job in Portland, OR
Medical Surgical/ MED-SURG/MS Registered Nurse (RN) Travel Job
Medical Surgical/MED-SURG RN Responsibilities:
- The Med-Surg RN provides bedside care for a variety of patients
- He or she develops individualized patient assessments and an individualized plan of care accordingly
- Prepares, administers, and records prescribed medications
- Records patient’s medical information and vital signs
- Monitors, interprets, and records electronic displays
- Initiates alternative action when adverse symptomology is displayed
- Medical Surgical nurses often change dressings, insert catheters, start IVs
- Prepares equipment and assists physician during examination and treatment of patient
- Exhibits understanding and utilization of universal precautions, asepsis and infection control procedures
- Records all care information accurately and completely
- Provides support to patient and family members
- Performs other position related duties as assigned
BENEFITS OF BEING GIFTED!
- Refer a Registered Nurse – You and your referral both get $500 with GIFTED’s Refer an RN Friend Program
- Flexible scheduling
- Premium pay
- Same Day or Weekly Pay
- Ability to work in premier facilities
- Access to Chief Nursing Officer 24-7
- Access to Social Worker 24-7
- Group Health insurance benefits:
- Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Short and Long Term Disability
- AD&D Insurance
Benefits of being a GIFTED TRAVEL NURSE
- Private housing and housing allowance
- Personal Career Coach
- Extremely competitive personalized pay package
As part of a larger healthcare system in Oregon, this 523-bed facility is home to the world’s most advanced operating room suite for brain tumors, with the West Coast’s only movable intraoperative magnetic resonance imaging. This facility is a Top 100 Hospital, having been awarded by Solucient 10 times and has also received Magnet Recognition for Excellence in Nursing Services from the American Nurses Credentialing Center. This facility has an EPIC EMR system, providing the most up-to-date information regarding patients’ care and treatment to its nurses, physicians and facilities.
As one of the most flourishing cities on the West Coast, Portland, OR known as the City of Roses and is full of cultural fun! Enjoy a cup of locally roasted coffee or check out the art galleries on the first Thursday of every month. For outdoor recreation, there couldn’t be a better place to live. Explore Forest Park where you can hike, bike, walk, or jog over 70 miles of paths or get into water sports along the Willamette and Columbia Rivers. Spend some time at Washington Park, home to the Japanese Garden, the International Rose Test Garden, the Oregon Zoo, paths, flower displays, and fountains. On Saturday mornings, before or after your shift, check out the Saturday Market to purchase exotic and farm fresh foods as well as unique souvenirs. With some of the most pedestrian friendly streets in the country, lined with delicious food trucks, this city has some of the best and most affordable street food in the country.
ABOUT GIFTED HEALTHCARE
GIFTED Healthcare is a company that believes in the power of one person to make a difference in patient care. Join the ranks of our rapidly growing team of healthcare professionals, and become that difference!
Do you remember why you became a Registered Nurse at GIFTED? We do!