Registered Nurse – MedSurg job in New Orleans, LA
Medical Surgical/ MED-SURG/MS Registered Nurse (RN) Travel Job
Medical Surgical/MED-SURG RN Responsibilities:
- The Med-Surg RN provides bedside care for a variety of patients
- He or she develops individualized patient assessments and an individualized plan of care accordingly
- Prepares, administers, and records prescribed medications
- Records patient’s medical information and vital signs
- Monitors, interprets, and records electronic displays
- Initiates alternative action when adverse symptomology is displayed
- Medical Surgical nurses often change dressings, insert catheters, start IVs
- Prepares equipment and assists physician during examination and treatment of patient
- Exhibits understanding and utilization of universal precautions, asepsis and infection control procedures
- Records all care information accurately and completely
- Provides support to patient and family members
- Performs other position related duties as assigned
BENEFITS OF BEING GIFTED!
- Refer a Registered Nurse – You and your referral both get $500 with GIFTED’s Refer an RN Friend Program
- Flexible scheduling
- Premium pay
- Same Day or Weekly Pay
- Ability to work in premier facilities
- Access to Chief Nursing Officer 24-7
- Access to Social Worker 24-7
- Group Health insurance benefits:
- Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Short and Long Term Disability
- AD&D Insurance
Benefits of being a GIFTED TRAVEL NURSE
- Private housing and housing allowance
- Personal Career Coach
- Extremely competitive personalized pay package
This 280-bed Joint Commission Certified hospital is located in the heart of New Orleans’ beautiful Uptown. Services provided include cancer care, cardiac rehabilitation, cardiovascular services, emergency care, orthopedic care, and spine care. This hospital offers one of the premier CARF rehabilitation centers in the country, as well as delivers over 3,000 babies a year, the facility is recognized as a Certified Stroke Primary Center of Excellence.
New Orleans is one of the world’s most fascinating cities, home to a unique melting pot of culture, food and music. Stroll Royal Street in the French Quarter for beautiful art and antique shopping, take a ride on the streetcar and see magnificent St. Charles Avenue mansions, catch a Saints football game at the Superdome, or enjoy a celebrated parade at Mardi Gras. From world-famous restaurants to hidden music clubs, New Orleans has something to discover on every street. New Orleans is the heart, soul and spirit of Louisiana.
ABOUT GIFTED HEALTHCARE
GIFTED Healthcare is a company that believes in the power of one person to make a difference in patient care. Join the ranks of our rapidly growing team of healthcare professionals, and become that difference!
Do you remember why you became a Registered Nurse at GIFTED? We do!