Registered Nurse – MedSurg job in New Iberia, LA
Medical Surgical/ MED-SURG/MS Registered Nurse (RN) Travel Job
Medical Surgical/MED-SURG RN Responsibilities:
- The Med-Surg RN provides bedside care for a variety of patients
- He or she develops individualized patient assessments and an individualized plan of care accordingly
- Prepares, administers, and records prescribed medications
- Records patient’s medical information and vital signs
- Monitors, interprets, and records electronic displays
- Initiates alternative action when adverse symptomology is displayed
- Medical Surgical nurses often change dressings, insert catheters, start IVs
- Prepares equipment and assists physician during examination and treatment of patient
- Exhibits understanding and utilization of universal precautions, asepsis and infection control procedures
- Records all care information accurately and completely
- Provides support to patient and family members
- Performs other position related duties as assigned
BENEFITS OF BEING GIFTED!
- Refer a Registered Nurse – You and your referral both get $500 with GIFTED’s Refer an RN Friend Program
- Flexible scheduling
- Premium pay
- Same Day or Weekly Pay
- Ability to work in premier facilities
- Access to Chief Nursing Officer 24-7
- Access to Social Worker 24-7
- Group Health insurance benefits:
- Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Short and Long Term Disability
- AD&D Insurance
Benefits of being a GIFTED TRAVEL NURSE
- Private housing and housing allowance
- Personal Career Coach
- Extremely competitive personalized pay package
Explore opportunities within an organization that is dedicated to compassion and wellness. This 99-bed community hospital offers a full-range of services including medical, surgical, obstetric, pediatric and critical care as well as and outpatient services. The facility earned the title of 2014 Top Performer on Key Quality Measures by The Joint Commission, and opened a second campus in May 2016. Both campuses include a staff of over 300 medical professionals and over 600 full-time employees. Throughout its 55-year history, this facility has focused on growth while providing the best healthcare for its parish residents.
New Iberia is located about 30 miles south of Lafayette Louisiana, the unofficial capital of Acadiana, or Cajun County; the hub for great Cajun cuisine and Zydeco. Home of the University of Lafayette, this college town is known for live music, because in Lafayette, dancing is an integral part of life. Numerous restaurants and dance halls thrive in the area and the city hosts several music and food festivals throughout the year. Lafayette even has their own special Mardi Gras Celebration! Take a drive to Avery Island and tour where the world famous Tabasco Hot Sauce is made.
ABOUT GIFTED HEALTHCARE
GIFTED Healthcare is a company that believes in the power of one person to make a difference in patient care. Join the ranks of our rapidly growing team of healthcare professionals, and become that difference!
Do you remember why you became a Registered Nurse at GIFTED? We do!