Registered Nurse – MedSurg job in Munster, IN
Medical Surgical/ MED-SURG/MS Registered Nurse (RN) Travel Job
Medical Surgical/MED-SURG RN Responsibilities:
- The Med-Surg RN provides bedside care for a variety of patients
- He or she develops individualized patient assessments and an individualized plan of care accordingly
- Prepares, administers, and records prescribed medications
- Records patient’s medical information and vital signs
- Monitors, interprets, and records electronic displays
- Initiates alternative action when adverse symptomology is displayed
- Medical Surgical nurses often change dressings, insert catheters, start IVs
- Prepares equipment and assists physician during examination and treatment of patient
- Exhibits understanding and utilization of universal precautions, asepsis and infection control procedures
- Records all care information accurately and completely
- Provides support to patient and family members
- Performs other position related duties as assigned
BENEFITS OF BEING GIFTED!
- Refer a Registered Nurse – You and your referral both get $500 with GIFTED’s Refer an RN Friend Program
- Flexible scheduling
- Premium pay
- Same Day or Weekly Pay
- Ability to work in premier facilities
- Access to Chief Nursing Officer 24-7
- Access to Social Worker 24-7
- Group Health insurance benefits:
- Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Short and Long Term Disability
- AD&D Insurance
Benefits of being a GIFTED TRAVEL NURSE
- Private housing and housing allowance
- Personal Career Coach
- Extremely competitive personalized pay package
This healthcare system combines advanced technology with the latest diagnostic and therapeutic procedures, forefront research, and a network of highly qualified physicians, nurses and allied health professionals to deliver exceptional care to the patient. It includes outpatient, surgical and rehabilitation centers, physician practices, behavioral health, occupational health, home care, and more! The main facility is one of Lake County’s largest hospitals with 458 beds specializing in high quality cancer treatment, cardiology, neurosciences, mother-baby and orthopedic care. It has a Level II trauma emergency department and is fully accredited from The Joint Commission. This facility has an EPIC EMR system, providing the most up-to-date information regarding patients’ care and treatment to its nurses, physicians and facilities.
Munster, IN is located just outside Chicago, IL on the shoreline of Lake Michigan. Munster is home to over twenty parks, a vibrant art community, and tons of culture. Check out Centennial Park and Golf Course that encompasses everything from walking paths and a 3-acre dog park, to outdoor pavilions and a restaurant with outdoor seating. On your day off take a 45-minute drive to the Indiana Dunes National Lakeshore where you can take advantage of beautiful sandy beaches, unique hiking trails and historic sites. Be sure to check out the Center for Visual and Performing Arts. It houses two art galleries and the award-winning Theatre at the Center where visitors can enjoy Broadway musicals and plays. History buffs can enjoy the Community Veterans Memorial, which pays tribute to soldiers from every U.S. conflict of the 20th century, housing artifacts such as helicopters and war weapons. Northern Indiana is full of attractions to discover and memories to be made!
ABOUT GIFTED HEALTHCARE
GIFTED Healthcare is a company that believes in the power of one person to make a difference in patient care. Join the ranks of our rapidly growing team of healthcare professionals, and become that difference!
Do you remember why you became a Registered Nurse at GIFTED? We do!