Registered Nurse – MedSurg Per Diem job in Meridian, MS
Medical Surgical/ MED-SURG/MS Registered Nurse (RN) Per Diem Job
Medical Surgical/MED-SURG RN Responsibilities:
- The Med-Surg RN provides bedside care for a variety of patients
- He or she develops individualized patient assessments and an individualized plan of care accordingly
- Prepares, administers, and records prescribed medications
- Records patient’s medical information and vital signs
- Monitors, interprets, and records electronic displays
- Initiates alternative action when adverse symptomology is displayed
- Medical Surgical nurses often change dressings, insert catheters, start IVs
- Prepares equipment and assists physician during examination and treatment of patient
- Exhibits understanding and utilization of universal precautions, asepsis and infection control procedures
- Records all care information accurately and completely
- Provides support to patient and family members
- Performs other position related duties as assigned
BENEFITS OF BEING GIFTED!
- Refer a Registered Nurse – You and your referral both get $500 with GIFTED’s Refer an RN Friend Program
- Flexible scheduling
- Premium pay
- Same Day or Weekly Pay
- Ability to work in premier facilities
- Access to Chief Nursing Officer 24-7
- Access to Social Worker 24-7
- Group Health insurance benefits:
- Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Short and Long Term Disability
- AD&D Insurance
This 215-bed acute care medical center is dedicated to providing excellent medical care to its community. As part of a larger healthcare system, this hospital serves its residents with a variety of inpatient, outpatient, and community services. This facility recently received the Mission: Lifeline Bronze Receiving Quality Achievement Award for implementing specific quality improvement measures outlined by the American Heart Association for the treatment of patients who suffer heart attacks.
Meridian is the sixth largest city in the state of Mississippi. The city has been selected as the future location of the Mississippi Arts and Entertainment Center. Full of culture, history, and natural beauty, Meridian offers lots of attractions such as the Meridian Museum of Art, Meridian Little Theatre, the Riley Center, and the Meridian Symphony Orchestra. Explore Highland Park, a museum which displays memorabilia of Jimmie Rodgers, the father of country music.
ABOUT GIFTED HEALTHCARE
GIFTED Healthcare is a company that believes in the power of one person to make a difference in patient care. Join the ranks of our rapidly growing team of healthcare professionals, and become that difference!
Do you remember why you became a Registered Nurse at GIFTED? We do!