Registered Nurse – MedSurg job in Memphis, TN
Medical Surgical/ MED-SURG/MS Registered Nurse (RN) Travel Job
Medical Surgical/MED-SURG RN Responsibilities:
- The Med-Surg RN provides bedside care for a variety of patients
- He or she develops individualized patient assessments and an individualized plan of care accordingly
- Prepares, administers, and records prescribed medications
- Records patient’s medical information and vital signs
- Monitors, interprets, and records electronic displays
- Initiates alternative action when adverse symptomology is displayed
- Medical Surgical nurses often change dressings, insert catheters, start IVs
- Prepares equipment and assists physician during examination and treatment of patient
- Exhibits understanding and utilization of universal precautions, asepsis and infection control procedures
- Records all care information accurately and completely
- Provides support to patient and family members
- Performs other position related duties as assigned
BENEFITS OF BEING GIFTED!
- Refer a Registered Nurse – You and your referral both get $500 with GIFTED’s Refer an RN Friend Program
- Flexible scheduling
- Premium pay
- Same Day or Weekly Pay
- Ability to work in premier facilities
- Access to Chief Nursing Officer 24-7
- Access to Social Worker 24-7
- Group Health insurance benefits:
- Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Short and Long Term Disability
- AD&D Insurance
Benefits of being a GIFTED TRAVEL NURSE
- Private housing and housing allowance
- Personal Career Coach
- Extremely competitive personalized pay package
Established in 1979 this facility contains 706 beds and is the flagship hospital for a larger healthcare system. It includes The Heart Institute, located within the facility, dedicated to the leading-edge research and treatment of heart patients. This hospital also has a 30-bed restorative care facility, which is one of the highest volume hospitals in the state. This hospital is recognized as having award-winning care and has been ranked in the top 10% of hospitals nationally for the past 7 years in cardiac surgery.
The city of Memphis offers world-class attractions for music fans to outdoorsy types, art enthusiasts to soul food lovers. History is everywhere in Memphis, from the National Civil Rights Museum to Sun Studio, where Elvis recorded his first record. Take a trip to Elvis’ former home, Graceland, and check out a club along Beale Street, where the blues found its roots. The Memphis Zoo is always a hit with its polar, panda and grizzly bears. Memphis is known first and foremost for its mouthwatering barbecue. There are many activities to take part in along the Mississippi River, including kayaking through Mud Island.
ABOUT GIFTED HEALTHCARE
GIFTED Healthcare is a company that believes in the power of one person to make a difference in patient care. Join the ranks of our rapidly growing team of healthcare professionals, and become that difference!
Do you remember why you became a Registered Nurse at GIFTED? We do!