Registered Nurse – MedSurg job in Lutcher, LA
Medical Surgical/ MED-SURG/MS Registered Nurse (RN) Local Job
Medical Surgical/MED-SURG RN Responsibilities:
- The Med-Surg RN provides bedside care for a variety of patients
- He or she develops individualized patient assessments and an individualized plan of care accordingly
- Prepares, administers, and records prescribed medications
- Records patient’s medical information and vital signs
- Monitors, interprets, and records electronic displays
- Initiates alternative action when adverse symptomology is displayed
- Medical Surgical nurses often change dressings, insert catheters, start IVs
- Prepares equipment and assists physician during examination and treatment of patient
- Exhibits understanding and utilization of universal precautions, asepsis and infection control procedures
- Records all care information accurately and completely
- Provides support to patient and family members
- Performs other position related duties as assigned
BENEFITS OF BEING GIFTED!
- Refer a Registered Nurse – You and your referral both get $500 with GIFTED’s Refer an RN Friend Program
- Flexible scheduling
- Premium pay
- Same Day or Weekly Pay
- Ability to work in premier facilities
- Access to Chief Nursing Officer 24-7
- Access to Social Worker 24-7
- Group Health insurance benefits:
- Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Short and Long Term Disability
- AD&D Insurance
Benefits of being a GIFTED TRAVEL NURSE
- Private housing and housing allowance
- Personal Career Coach
- Extremely competitive personalized pay package
The vision at St. James Parish Hospital is to be the community’s first choice for most healthcare needs. Making patients more comfortable through cost effective means is integral to the hospital’s mission and promise to the community. The services offered at the medical center include surgery, urology, urgent care, and the family clinic. With 25 beds, the hospital is truly large enough to serve and small enough to care, so patients can expect an individualized approach to treatment plans. The facility has access to cutting edge technology and is conveniently located close to those in the nearby communities. The medical center operates as a critical access, non-profit hospital with a focus on being an active member of the community which it is a part of.
Lutcher is a quaint and community-oriented town that is improved daily by the citizens that live there. Enjoy some of the best Gumbo ever in Lutcher, and we guarantee it is something you will want to call home about. There is plenty of outdoor space in Lutcher and numerous restaurants that make living there comfortable and convenient. Despite its size, Lutcher most definitely packs a punch, and is located on 30-minutes or so outside of New Orleans, LA.
ABOUT GIFTED HEALTHCARE
GIFTED Healthcare is a company that believes in the power of one person to make a difference in patient care. Join the ranks of our rapidly growing team of healthcare professionals, and become that difference!
Do you remember why you became a Registered Nurse at GIFTED? We do!