Registered Nurse – MedSurg job in Lake Charles, LA
Medical Surgical/ MED-SURG/MS Registered Nurse (RN) Travel Job
Medical Surgical/MED-SURG RN Responsibilities:
- The Med-Surg RN provides bedside care for a variety of patients
- He or she develops individualized patient assessments and an individualized plan of care accordingly
- Prepares, administers, and records prescribed medications
- Records patient’s medical information and vital signs
- Monitors, interprets, and records electronic displays
- Initiates alternative action when adverse symptomology is displayed
- Medical Surgical nurses often change dressings, insert catheters, start IVs
- Prepares equipment and assists physician during examination and treatment of patient
- Exhibits understanding and utilization of universal precautions, asepsis and infection control procedures
- Records all care information accurately and completely
- Provides support to patient and family members
- Performs other position related duties as assigned
BENEFITS OF BEING GIFTED!
- Refer a Registered Nurse – You and your referral both get $500 with GIFTED’s Refer an RN Friend Program
- Flexible scheduling
- Premium pay
- Same Day or Weekly Pay
- Ability to work in premier facilities
- Access to Chief Nursing Officer 24-7
- Access to Social Worker 24-7
- Group Health insurance benefits:
- Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Short and Long Term Disability
- AD&D Insurance
Benefits of being a GIFTED TRAVEL NURSE
- Private housing and housing allowance
- Personal Career Coach
- Extremely competitive personalized pay package
Ranked among the top 10 largest Catholic health systems in the United States by size, this health system includes more than 40 hospitals and facilities in North and Centeral and South America. This facility is a general medical and surgical hospital with 160-beds. It is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF).
Explore energetic casinos, live music, Cajun cuisine and restaurants of Lake Charles, LA. Outdoor adventures include a journey into Louisiana’s Outback along the Creole Nature Trail All-American Road. Known as the Festival Capital of Louisiana, boasting over 75 fairs and festivals, including Mardi Gras, the Contraband Days Pirate Festival and the Cajun Music & Food Festival. The Charpentier Historic District and area museums give visitors a glimpse into the past.
ABOUT GIFTED HEALTHCARE
GIFTED Healthcare is a company that believes in the power of one person to make a difference in patient care. Join the ranks of our rapidly growing team of healthcare professionals, and become that difference!
Do you remember why you became a Registered Nurse at GIFTED? We do!