Registered Nurse – MedSurg job in Ketchikan, AK
Medical Surgical/ MED-SURG/MS Registered Nurse (RN) Travel Job
Medical Surgical/MED-SURG RN Responsibilities:
- The Med-Surg RN provides bedside care for a variety of patients
- He or she develops individualized patient assessments and an individualized plan of care accordingly
- Prepares, administers, and records prescribed medications
- Records patient’s medical information and vital signs
- Monitors, interprets, and records electronic displays
- Initiates alternative action when adverse symptomology is displayed
- Medical Surgical nurses often change dressings, insert catheters, start IVs
- Prepares equipment and assists physician during examination and treatment of patient
- Exhibits understanding and utilization of universal precautions, asepsis and infection control procedures
- Records all care information accurately and completely
- Provides support to patient and family members
- Performs other position related duties as assigned
BENEFITS OF BEING GIFTED!
- Refer a Registered Nurse – You and your referral both get $500 with GIFTED’s Refer an RN Friend Program
- Flexible scheduling
- Premium pay
- Same Day or Weekly Pay
- Ability to work in premier facilities
- Access to Chief Nursing Officer 24-7
- Access to Social Worker 24-7
- Group Health insurance benefits:
- Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Short and Long Term Disability
- AD&D Insurance
Benefits of being a GIFTED TRAVEL NURSE
- Private housing and housing allowance
- Personal Career Coach
- Extremely competitive personalized pay package
This hospital is part of a larger healthcare system that is focused on providing a patient-centered healing environment with a strong focus on patient safety and clinical outcomes. It is a 25-bed, critical access and long-term care facility, providing inpatient, outpatient, home health services and a 29-bed long term care facility. As one of the more self-reliant small rural hospitals, it offers a multitude of medical services including an accredited cancer care program.
Whether you’re interested in Native Alaskan culture, the early pioneers who settled Southeast Alaska, local artists, shopping, fishing, or the great outdoors, you can find it all in Ketchikan, AK. The downtown area is easily walkable with historic buildings and shops featuring the work of local carvers, weavers, jewelry designers, painters, sculptors, photographers, writers, and more. Ketchikan is the “Salmon Capital of the World” and offers major attractions to check out in the area such as the Misty Fiords Nation Monument or the Tongass National Forest.
ABOUT GIFTED HEALTHCARE
GIFTED Healthcare is a company that believes in the power of one person to make a difference in patient care. Join the ranks of our rapidly growing team of healthcare professionals, and become that difference!
Do you remember why you became a Registered Nurse at GIFTED? We do!