Registered Nurse – MedSurg job in Jackson, TN
Medical Surgical/ MED-SURG/MS Registered Nurse (RN) Travel Job
Medical Surgical/MED-SURG RN Responsibilities:
- The Med-Surg RN provides bedside care for a variety of patients
- He or she develops individualized patient assessments and an individualized plan of care accordingly
- Prepares, administers, and records prescribed medications
- Records patient’s medical information and vital signs
- Monitors, interprets, and records electronic displays
- Initiates alternative action when adverse symptomology is displayed
- Medical Surgical nurses often change dressings, insert catheters, start IVs
- Prepares equipment and assists physician during examination and treatment of patient
- Exhibits understanding and utilization of universal precautions, asepsis and infection control procedures
- Records all care information accurately and completely
- Provides support to patient and family members
- Performs other position related duties as assigned
BENEFITS OF BEING GIFTED!
- Refer a Registered Nurse – You and your referral both get $500 with GIFTED’s Refer an RN Friend Program
- Flexible scheduling
- Premium pay
- Same Day or Weekly Pay
- Ability to work in premier facilities
- Access to Chief Nursing Officer 24-7
- Access to Social Worker 24-7
- Group Health insurance benefits:
- Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Short and Long Term Disability
- AD&D Insurance
Benefits of being a GIFTED TRAVEL NURSE
- Private housing and housing allowance
- Personal Career Coach
- Extremely competitive personalized pay package
As the flagship of a larger healthcare system in Tennessee, this facility is a 635-bed tertiary care center. It is the only hospital between Memphis and Nashville and serves a 17-county area of rural West Tennessee. It is fully accredited by The Joint Commission and has been recognized as a Community Value Five-Star Hospital by Cleverley + Associates.
Located in between Nashville and Memphis, is the soulful town of Jackson, TN. Jackson is where rock and country music came together to create Rock-A-Billy music. Check out the International Rock-A-Billy Hall of Fame and Museum, which is dedicated to the preservation and promotion of Rockabilly music. Visit the Casey Jones Home and Railroad Museum where you can tour the iconic railroad engineer’s home, spend the night in a train car or enjoy delicious food at The Old Country Store. For outdoor exploration, discover Cypress Grove, a preservation just minutes from downtown Jackson where you can bike, walk, fish, or just enjoy the serenity of the cypress forest. In Jackson, there is something for everyone from the symphony to the museums and everything in between!
ABOUT GIFTED HEALTHCARE
GIFTED Healthcare is a company that believes in the power of one person to make a difference in patient care. Join the ranks of our rapidly growing team of healthcare professionals, and become that difference!
Do you remember why you became a Registered Nurse at GIFTED? We do!