Registered Nurse – MedSurg job in Hermiston, OR
Medical Surgical/ MED-SURG/MS Registered Nurse (RN) Travel Job
Medical Surgical/MED-SURG RN Responsibilities:
- The Med-Surg RN provides bedside care for a variety of patients
- He or she develops individualized patient assessments and an individualized plan of care accordingly
- Prepares, administers, and records prescribed medications
- Records patient’s medical information and vital signs
- Monitors, interprets, and records electronic displays
- Initiates alternative action when adverse symptomology is displayed
- Medical Surgical nurses often change dressings, insert catheters, start IVs
- Prepares equipment and assists physician during examination and treatment of patient
- Exhibits understanding and utilization of universal precautions, asepsis and infection control procedures
- Records all care information accurately and completely
- Provides support to patient and family members
- Performs other position related duties as assigned
BENEFITS OF BEING GIFTED!
- Refer a Registered Nurse – You and your referral both get $500 with GIFTED’s Refer an RN Friend Program
- Flexible scheduling
- Premium pay
- Same Day or Weekly Pay
- Ability to work in premier facilities
- Access to Chief Nursing Officer 24-7
- Access to Social Worker 24-7
- Group Health insurance benefits:
- Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Short and Long Term Disability
- AD&D Insurance
Benefits of being a GIFTED TRAVEL NURSE
- Private housing and housing allowance
- Personal Career Coach
- Extremely competitive personalized pay package
This progressive, not-for-profit hospital is a general medical and surgical hospital with 25-beds and an array of services. This facility is the largest entity in the healthcare system it belongs to and serves the people in Northeast Oregon. It is fully accredited by Det Norske Veritas and boasts state-of-the-art equipment, not usually found in smaller hospitals. It’s Trauma Level 3 Emergency Room is open 24 hours a day and in 2011 was named a Top 100 Critical Access Hospital in America.
Hermiston, Oregon is described as peaceful, beautiful, relaxing, sunny, and elegant, it fosters a quality-of-life environment. Located along the Umatilla and Columbia Rivers, water enthusiasts can enjoy boating, kayaking, paddle boarding, windsurfing, and fishing. Riverfront trails and paths stretch for more than 20 miles for hiking, jogging, biking, and walking; there is even a pedestrian path that will take you over the border into Washington State! Centrally located between the major cities of Portland, Spokane and Boise, its proximity to the areas of Blue Mountains makes this town a favorite destination. This town prides itself on sustain locally owned businesses. Check out locally owned wineries that are within 10 miles of Hermiston that host live musicians every weekend. Stroll through Bellinger Farms and Gourmet Shoppe that sells local produce, gifts, coffee and also offers a rustic atmosphere and lunch menu.
ABOUT GIFTED HEALTHCARE
GIFTED Healthcare is a company that believes in the power of one person to make a difference in patient care. Join the ranks of our rapidly growing team of healthcare professionals, and become that difference!
Do you remember why you became a Registered Nurse at GIFTED? We do!