Registered Nurse – MedSurg job in Hattiesburg, MS
Medical Surgical/ MED-SURG/MS Registered Nurse (RN) Travel Job
Medical Surgical/MED-SURG RN Responsibilities:
- The Med-Surg RN provides bedside care for a variety of patients
- He or she develops individualized patient assessments and an individualized plan of care accordingly
- Prepares, administers, and records prescribed medications
- Records patient’s medical information and vital signs
- Monitors, interprets, and records electronic displays
- Initiates alternative action when adverse symptomology is displayed
- Medical Surgical nurses often change dressings, insert catheters, start IVs
- Prepares equipment and assists physician during examination and treatment of patient
- Exhibits understanding and utilization of universal precautions, asepsis and infection control procedures
- Records all care information accurately and completely
- Provides support to patient and family members
- Performs other position related duties as assigned
BENEFITS OF BEING GIFTED!
- Refer a Registered Nurse – You and your referral both get $500 with GIFTED’s Refer an RN Friend Program
- Flexible scheduling
- Premium pay
- Same Day or Weekly Pay
- Ability to work in premier facilities
- Access to Chief Nursing Officer 24-7
- Access to Social Worker 24-7
- Group Health insurance benefits:
- Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Short and Long Term Disability
- AD&D Insurance
Benefits of being a GIFTED TRAVEL NURSE
- Private housing and housing allowance
- Personal Career Coach
- Extremely competitive personalized pay package
This 512-bed hospital is the flagship hospital for a larger healthcare system, who’s main goal is to increase access to quality care in south Mississippi. It is recognized as a leader in medical excellence in south Mississippi and has won numerous awards such as 2016 Women’s Choice Award: America’s Best Hospitals for Obstetrics, Cancer Care, and America’s Best Stroke Centers. It offers a diverse range of services such as Behavioral Health, Cancer services, Emergency & Trauma, Heart & Vascular, Neurology, Neurosurgery, Orthopedics, Radiology, Rehabilitation services, Surgical services, and Women & Children’s Services.
Most notably known for its hospitality, Hattiesburg, MS is the perfect place to experience the culture of the south. Home to The University of Southern Mississippi, Hattiesburg flourishes in cultural opportunities and special events. The historic Downtown District features architectural gems such as the historic Saenger Theater and the Hattiesburg historic Train Depot. There are also many unique shops, galleries and plenty of opportunities for exquisite local dining.
ABOUT GIFTED HEALTHCARE
GIFTED Healthcare is a company that believes in the power of one person to make a difference in patient care. Join the ranks of our rapidly growing team of healthcare professionals, and become that difference!
Do you remember why you became a Registered Nurse at GIFTED? We do!