Registered Nurse – MedSurg job in Glasgow, KY
Medical Surgical/ MED-SURG/MS Registered Nurse (RN) Travel Job
Medical Surgical/MED-SURG RN Responsibilities:
- The Med-Surg RN provides bedside care for a variety of patients
- He or she develops individualized patient assessments and an individualized plan of care accordingly
- Prepares, administers, and records prescribed medications
- Records patient’s medical information and vital signs
- Monitors, interprets, and records electronic displays
- Initiates alternative action when adverse symptomology is displayed
- Medical Surgical nurses often change dressings, insert catheters, start IVs
- Prepares equipment and assists physician during examination and treatment of patient
- Exhibits understanding and utilization of universal precautions, asepsis and infection control procedures
- Records all care information accurately and completely
- Provides support to patient and family members
- Performs other position related duties as assigned
BENEFITS OF BEING GIFTED!
- Refer a Registered Nurse – You and your referral both get $500 with GIFTED’s Refer an RN Friend Program
- Flexible scheduling
- Premium pay
- Same Day or Weekly Pay
- Ability to work in premier facilities
- Access to Chief Nursing Officer 24-7
- Access to Social Worker 24-7
- Group Health insurance benefits:
- Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Short and Long Term Disability
- AD&D Insurance
Benefits of being a GIFTED TRAVEL NURSE
- Private housing and housing allowance
- Personal Career Coach
- Extremely competitive personalized pay package
This 196-bed acute-care facility has been providing their community of South Central Kentucky with comprehensive and advanced medical care for more than 85 years. This hospital’s mission is to combine innovation with compassion, and individualized attention with convenience. With medical services including a cancer center, neurology care, kidney care, a heart center, cardiology, and rehabilitation. This hospital is fully accredited by the Joint Commission.
Glasgow, KY is situated only an hour and a half away from Louisville, KY as well as an hour and a half away from Nashville, TN. Glasgow is well known for its annual Scottish Highland Games, a festival that celebrates Scottish culture, but this city offers much more. National attractions like the Mammoth Cave National Park and the Barren River Lake State Resort Park draw residents as well as visitors to awesome outdoor activities. Glasgow offers unique attraction like an annual car show and yard sale, Dinosaur World, the Plaza Theater, and the South-Central Kentucky Cultural Center. The dining scene is a melting pot of cuisines, from casual Tex-Mex and steak house to Asian inspired, fast food and delicious pizza.
ABOUT GIFTED HEALTHCARE
GIFTED Healthcare is a company that believes in the power of one person to make a difference in patient care. Join the ranks of our rapidly growing team of healthcare professionals, and become that difference!
Do you remember why you became a Registered Nurse at GIFTED? We do!