Registered Nurse – MedSurg job in Fort Smith, AR
Medical Surgical/ MED-SURG/MS Registered Nurse (RN) Travel Job
Medical Surgical/MED-SURG RN Responsibilities:
- The Med-Surg RN provides bedside care for a variety of patients
- He or she develops individualized patient assessments and an individualized plan of care accordingly
- Prepares, administers, and records prescribed medications
- Records patient’s medical information and vital signs
- Monitors, interprets, and records electronic displays
- Initiates alternative action when adverse symptomology is displayed
- Medical Surgical nurses often change dressings, insert catheters, start IVs
- Prepares equipment and assists physician during examination and treatment of patient
- Exhibits understanding and utilization of universal precautions, asepsis and infection control procedures
- Records all care information accurately and completely
- Provides support to patient and family members
- Performs other position related duties as assigned
BENEFITS OF BEING GIFTED!
- Refer a Registered Nurse – You and your referral both get $500 with GIFTED’s Refer an RN Friend Program
- Flexible scheduling
- Premium pay
- Same Day or Weekly Pay
- Ability to work in premier facilities
- Access to Chief Nursing Officer 24-7
- Access to Social Worker 24-7
- Group Health insurance benefits:
- Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Short and Long Term Disability
- AD&D Insurance
Benefits of being a GIFTED TRAVEL NURSE
- Private housing and housing allowance
- Personal Career Coach
- Extremely competitive personalized pay package
This 336-bed acute care hospital has more than a 100-year history of providing excellent care to the community. This facility includes a Level III neonatal intensive care unit and The Hembree Cancer Center, that serves patients with a comprehensive approach to treatment including the latest in radiation therapy. Services available at this hospital include: an outpatient center with diagnostic and outpatient testing and surgery services, a women’s center providing neonatology, OB anesthesia, digital mammography equipment and labor/delivery services, a sleep disorders center, wound care with hyperbaric medicine, and home care, hospice, and palliative care.
Where the New South meets the Old West, Fort Smith, AR is where you can relive 200 years of history. Explore a diverse natural landscape and discover modern attractions and amenities inside America’s original gateway to The Wild West. Fort Smith also has a thriving arts & culture scene, exciting nightlife and entertainment, unique shopping opportunities, family-friendly events and festivals, and a very diverse selection of restaurants.
ABOUT GIFTED HEALTHCARE
GIFTED Healthcare is a company that believes in the power of one person to make a difference in patient care. Join the ranks of our rapidly growing team of healthcare professionals, and become that difference!
Do you remember why you became a Registered Nurse at GIFTED? We do!