Registered Nurse – MedSurg job in Fort Defiance, AZ
Medical Surgical/ MED-SURG/MS Registered Nurse (RN) Travel Job
Medical Surgical/MED-SURG RN Responsibilities:
- The Med-Surg RN provides bedside care for a variety of patients
- He or she develops individualized patient assessments and an individualized plan of care accordingly
- Prepares, administers, and records prescribed medications
- Records patient’s medical information and vital signs
- Monitors, interprets, and records electronic displays
- Initiates alternative action when adverse symptomology is displayed
- Medical Surgical nurses often change dressings, insert catheters, start IVs
- Prepares equipment and assists physician during examination and treatment of patient
- Exhibits understanding and utilization of universal precautions, asepsis and infection control procedures
- Records all care information accurately and completely
- Provides support to patient and family members
- Performs other position related duties as assigned
BENEFITS OF BEING GIFTED!
- Refer a Registered Nurse – You and your referral both get $500 with GIFTED’s Refer an RN Friend Program
- Flexible scheduling
- Premium pay
- Same Day or Weekly Pay
- Ability to work in premier facilities
- Access to Chief Nursing Officer 24-7
- Access to Social Worker 24-7
- Group Health insurance benefits:
- Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Short and Long Term Disability
- AD&D Insurance
Benefits of being a GIFTED TRAVEL NURSE
- Private housing and housing allowance
- Personal Career Coach
- Extremely competitive personalized pay package
This 56-bed facility opened in August 2002 and is in the beautiful high-desert climate of Northeastern Arizona. This facility includes an ICU, a Medical-Surgical unit, a Pediatric Ward, an OBGYN ward, and an inpatient adolescent psychiatric care unit. The mission of this hospital is to provide superior and compassionate healthcare to their community by raising the level of health care provided and ensuring a better quality of life.
Fort Defiance is situated between the Eastern border of Arizona and the Western border of New Mexico. Check out the Window Rock Tribal Park maintained by the Navajo Tribe which is extremely beautiful and captivating. History nurses enjoy the Veteran’s Memorial dedicated to the Navajo Code Talkers of WWII or check out Fort Defiance staples: the Navajo Nation Zoo or the Botanical Park.
ABOUT GIFTED HEALTHCARE
GIFTED Healthcare is a company that believes in the power of one person to make a difference in patient care. Join the ranks of our rapidly growing team of healthcare professionals, and become that difference!
Do you remember why you became a Registered Nurse at GIFTED? We do!