Registered Nurse – MedSurg job in Coal Township, PA
Medical Surgical/ MED-SURG/MS Registered Nurse (RN) Travel Job
Medical Surgical/MED-SURG RN Responsibilities:
- The Med-Surg RN provides bedside care for a variety of patients
- He or she develops individualized patient assessments and an individualized plan of care accordingly
- Prepares, administers, and records prescribed medications
- Records patient’s medical information and vital signs
- Monitors, interprets, and records electronic displays
- Initiates alternative action when adverse symptomology is displayed
- Medical Surgical nurses often change dressings, insert catheters, start IVs
- Prepares equipment and assists physician during examination and treatment of patient
- Exhibits understanding and utilization of universal precautions, asepsis and infection control procedures
- Records all care information accurately and completely
- Provides support to patient and family members
- Performs other position related duties as assigned
BENEFITS OF BEING GIFTED!
- Refer a Registered Nurse – You and your referral both get $500 with GIFTED’s Refer an RN Friend Program
- Flexible scheduling
- Premium pay
- Same Day or Weekly Pay
- Ability to work in premier facilities
- Access to Chief Nursing Officer 24-7
- Access to Social Worker 24-7
- Group Health insurance benefits:
- Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Short and Long Term Disability
- AD&D Insurance
Benefits of being a GIFTED TRAVEL NURSE
- Private housing and housing allowance
- Personal Career Coach
- Extremely competitive personalized pay package
This facility is part of a larger healthcare system that is widely recognized for its innovative use of the electronic health record and the development of innovative care delivery models. With a focus on patient care and quality, this medical center offers comprehensive services to meet patients’ complex healthcare needs. This facility offers an array of healthcare service with 55-acute-care inpatient beds, including seven intensive care unit beds and a 15-bed transitional care unit.
Coal Township is located right outside of Lewisburg, PA. Stroll through downtown Lewisburg, the historic district, where you can shop, dine, see a movie, or hear live music. This city is home to the nation’s largest and one of the most prestigious private liberal arts institutions in the country, Bucknell University. See a film at the Campus Theatre where you can see new releases, art and independent films, and culturally relevant films. During the summer months see the live music in Hufnagle Park, free to the public! Take a walk-through history and visit the Slifer House Museum, a beautifully preserved Victorian mansion, or the Packwood House Museum, an art and antique collection in the former home of Lewisburg resident Edith Featherstone. The Lewisburg Area Recreation Park offers fun for everyone with a skate park, Life trail, rock-climbing, swimming pools, and a picnic pavilion.
ABOUT GIFTED HEALTHCARE
GIFTED Healthcare is a company that believes in the power of one person to make a difference in patient care. Join the ranks of our rapidly growing team of healthcare professionals, and become that difference!
Do you remember why you became a Registered Nurse at GIFTED? We do!