Registered Nurse – MedSurg job in Cape Girardeau, MO
Medical Surgical/ MED-SURG/MS Registered Nurse (RN) Travel Job
Medical Surgical/MED-SURG RN Responsibilities:
- The Med-Surg RN provides bedside care for a variety of patients
- He or she develops individualized patient assessments and an individualized plan of care accordingly
- Prepares, administers, and records prescribed medications
- Records patient’s medical information and vital signs
- Monitors, interprets, and records electronic displays
- Initiates alternative action when adverse symptomology is displayed
- Medical Surgical nurses often change dressings, insert catheters, start IVs
- Prepares equipment and assists physician during examination and treatment of patient
- Exhibits understanding and utilization of universal precautions, asepsis and infection control procedures
- Records all care information accurately and completely
- Provides support to patient and family members
- Performs other position related duties as assigned
BENEFITS OF BEING GIFTED!
- Refer a Registered Nurse – You and your referral both get $500 with GIFTED’s Refer an RN Friend Program
- Flexible scheduling
- Premium pay
- Same Day or Weekly Pay
- Ability to work in premier facilities
- Access to Chief Nursing Officer 24-7
- Access to Social Worker 24-7
- Group Health insurance benefits:
- Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Short and Long Term Disability
- AD&D Insurance
Benefits of being a GIFTED TRAVEL NURSE
- Private housing and housing allowance
- Personal Career Coach
- Extremely competitive personalized pay package
This 308-bed non-profit hospital provides the community of Cape Girardeau, Missouri with excellent and advanced medical care and is a part of a larger for-profit healthcare system. With medical services including cardiovascular care, a cancer institute, neuroscience care, emergency care, and even a heart hospital, this facility meets all medical needs. This medical center has been named one of the top “Best Places to Work in Healthcare” by Modern Healthcare for six consecutive years. This facility is a Catholic healthcare provider and endeavors to follow Christ’s healing tradition, witnessing God’s loving presence among all people, safeguarding the sacredness and dignity of human life, and providing care to all who seek help.
Cape Girardeau, MO is located about 115 miles southeast of St. Louis, 175 miles north of Memphis and is the largest city in Southeast Missouri. This city offers all four seasons, 23 municipal parks and a 4.42-mile walking/biking trail to enjoy all the beautiful weather. There are endless amounts of attractions to enjoy including Cape Splash Family Aquatic Center, an outdoor water park, Lazy L Safari Park, a walk-through zoo, and Cape Girardeau Conservation Nature Center, offering rich cultural history and diverse natural resources to the area. From farmers’ markets with locally grown produce, and baked goods to thriving locally owned stores to nightlife, spas, and historic landmarks, Cape Girardeau offers something for everyone!
ABOUT GIFTED HEALTHCARE
GIFTED Healthcare is a company that believes in the power of one person to make a difference in patient care. Join the ranks of our rapidly growing team of healthcare professionals, and become that difference!
Do you remember why you became a Registered Nurse at GIFTED? We do!