Registered Nurse – MedSurg job in Bristol, TN
Medical Surgical/ MED-SURG/MS Registered Nurse (RN) Travel Job
Medical Surgical/MED-SURG RN Responsibilities:
- The Med-Surg RN provides bedside care for a variety of patients
- He or she develops individualized patient assessments and an individualized plan of care accordingly
- Prepares, administers, and records prescribed medications
- Records patient’s medical information and vital signs
- Monitors, interprets, and records electronic displays
- Initiates alternative action when adverse symptomology is displayed
- Medical Surgical nurses often change dressings, insert catheters, start IVs
- Prepares equipment and assists physician during examination and treatment of patient
- Exhibits understanding and utilization of universal precautions, asepsis and infection control procedures
- Records all care information accurately and completely
- Provides support to patient and family members
- Performs other position related duties as assigned
BENEFITS OF BEING GIFTED!
- Refer a Registered Nurse – You and your referral both get $500 with GIFTED’s Refer an RN Friend Program
- Flexible scheduling
- Premium pay
- Same Day or Weekly Pay
- Ability to work in premier facilities
- Access to Chief Nursing Officer 24-7
- Access to Social Worker 24-7
- Group Health insurance benefits:
- Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Short and Long Term Disability
- AD&D Insurance
Benefits of being a GIFTED TRAVEL NURSE
- Private housing and housing allowance
- Personal Career Coach
- Extremely competitive personalized pay package
As part of a larger healthcare system, this hospital opened in 1994 and has been serving the community through superior quality care, technological innovation and compassion. In 2016, the independent ratings organization CareChex listed Bristol Regional among the top 100 hospitals in the nation for heart attack treatment, joint replacement, and trauma care. It has a highly acclaimed Level II trauma center and is a general medical and surgical hospital with 312-beds.
Bristol is located on the state line between Tennessee and Virginia, allowing you to enjoy the best of both worlds! As the Birthplace of Country Music, there are many things to see and do in Bristol, TN. Check out Historic Downtown Bristol and State Street where you can visit museums, a variety of independent shops, art galleries, and restaurants. NASCAR fans can enjoy Bristol International Speedway while baseball fans can check out the Bristol White Sox. Bristol has over 15 parks and two 650-acre recreational areas perfect for the outdoor enthusiast, where you can horseback ride, hike and watch for wildlife. Be sure to check out the Appalachian Caverns, where you can take a timeless stroll through the magnificent chambers and ever-changing caverns.
ABOUT GIFTED HEALTHCARE
GIFTED Healthcare is a company that believes in the power of one person to make a difference in patient care. Join the ranks of our rapidly growing team of healthcare professionals, and become that difference!
Do you remember why you became a Registered Nurse at GIFTED? We do!