Registered Nurse – MedSurg job in Brandon, FL
Medical Surgical/ MED-SURG/MS Registered Nurse (RN) Travel Job
Medical Surgical/MED-SURG RN Responsibilities:
- The Med-Surg RN provides bedside care for a variety of patients
- He or she develops individualized patient assessments and an individualized plan of care accordingly
- Prepares, administers, and records prescribed medications
- Records patient’s medical information and vital signs
- Monitors, interprets, and records electronic displays
- Initiates alternative action when adverse symptomology is displayed
- Medical Surgical nurses often change dressings, insert catheters, start IVs
- Prepares equipment and assists physician during examination and treatment of patient
- Exhibits understanding and utilization of universal precautions, asepsis and infection control procedures
- Records all care information accurately and completely
- Provides support to patient and family members
- Performs other position related duties as assigned
BENEFITS OF BEING GIFTED!
- Refer a Registered Nurse – You and your referral both get $500 with GIFTED’s Refer an RN Friend Program
- Flexible scheduling
- Premium pay
- Same Day or Weekly Pay
- Ability to work in premier facilities
- Access to Chief Nursing Officer 24-7
- Access to Social Worker 24-7
- Group Health insurance benefits:
- Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Short and Long Term Disability
- AD&D Insurance
Benefits of being a GIFTED TRAVEL NURSE
- Private housing and housing allowance
- Personal Career Coach
- Extremely competitive personalized pay package
This 438-acute care facility offers a number of specialty services including the Heart & Vascular Center, where the latest in cardiovascular surgery and minimally invasive techniques are performed. They provide their patients with quality care through innovation, educations and compassionate care. This hospital’s bariatric program was recently recognized as a Bariatric Center of Excellence and is approved to participate in their network.
Brandon, FL is located just 20 minutes away from Tampa. Tampa is located on Florida’s Gulf Coast and is a cultural and family vacation destination where you find your choice of museums, activities and famous attractions such as Busch Gardens Tampa and the historic Ybor City neighborhood, where you can enjoy delicious Cuban food. Stroll along the Riverwalk past parks, hotels and restaurants, or take a tour through the history of Tampa by exploring the Tampa Museum of Art, the Tampa Bay History Center, and the Florida Museum of Photographic Arts. Be sure to check out how Tampa loves their animals; choose from the Lowry Park Zoo, Tampa Electric Manatee Viewing Center, or the Big Cat Rescue animal sanctuary.
ABOUT GIFTED HEALTHCARE
GIFTED Healthcare is a company that believes in the power of one person to make a difference in patient care. Join the ranks of our rapidly growing team of healthcare professionals, and become that difference!
Do you remember why you became a Registered Nurse at GIFTED? We do!