Registered Nurse – MedSurg job in Birmingham, AL
Medical Surgical/ MED-SURG/MS Registered Nurse (RN) Travel Job
Medical Surgical/MED-SURG RN Responsibilities:
- The Med-Surg RN provides bedside care for a variety of patients
- He or she develops individualized patient assessments and an individualized plan of care accordingly
- Prepares, administers, and records prescribed medications
- Records patient’s medical information and vital signs
- Monitors, interprets, and records electronic displays
- Initiates alternative action when adverse symptomology is displayed
- Medical Surgical nurses often change dressings, insert catheters, start IVs
- Prepares equipment and assists physician during examination and treatment of patient
- Exhibits understanding and utilization of universal precautions, asepsis and infection control procedures
- Records all care information accurately and completely
- Provides support to patient and family members
- Performs other position related duties as assigned
BENEFITS OF BEING GIFTED!
- Refer a Registered Nurse – You and your referral both get $500 with GIFTED’s Refer an RN Friend Program
- Flexible scheduling
- Premium pay
- Same Day or Weekly Pay
- Ability to work in premier facilities
- Access to Chief Nursing Officer 24-7
- Access to Social Worker 24-7
- Group Health insurance benefits:
- Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Short and Long Term Disability
- AD&D Insurance
Benefits of being a GIFTED TRAVEL NURSE
- Private housing and housing allowance
- Personal Career Coach
- Extremely competitive personalized pay package
This center is part of the largest network of health care in central Alabama and is dedicated to providing advanced, compassionate support and treatment for every patient in need. It is a 607-bed teaching hospital and is fully accredited by the Joint Commission. This medical center has won numerous awards such as the American Nursing Credentialing Center Pathway to Excellence, a Leapfrog Safety Score of “A”, and Blue Cross Blue Shield’s Blue Distinction Plus for Cardiac Care, Total Joints, Spine and Maternity Care.
Birmingham, AL offers a wealth of entertainment and cultural possibilities, from Arts & Museums, multiple theater experiences to world class recreational facilities. Visit the Vulcan Statue, the world’s largest cast iron statue, or the Alabama Sports Hall of Fame, devoted to Alabama’s athletes. Oak Mountain, Red Mountain, and Railroad Park are the best places to experience the great outdoors. Ruffner Mountain Nature Center is one of the largest urban nature reserves in the United States. Birmingham is currently experiencing a renaissance from craft brews, to James Beard award-winning chefs, there is more to offer now than ever!
ABOUT GIFTED HEALTHCARE
GIFTED Healthcare is a company that believes in the power of one person to make a difference in patient care. Join the ranks of our rapidly growing team of healthcare professionals, and become that difference!
Do you remember why you became a Registered Nurse at GIFTED? We do!