Registered Nurse – MedSurg job in Baton Rouge, LA
Medical Surgical/ MED-SURG/MS Registered Nurse (RN) Travel Job
Medical Surgical/MED-SURG RN Responsibilities:
- The Med-Surg RN provides bedside care for a variety of patients
- He or she develops individualized patient assessments and an individualized plan of care accordingly
- Prepares, administers, and records prescribed medications
- Records patient’s medical information and vital signs
- Monitors, interprets, and records electronic displays
- Initiates alternative action when adverse symptomology is displayed
- Medical Surgical nurses often change dressings, insert catheters, start IVs
- Prepares equipment and assists physician during examination and treatment of patient
- Exhibits understanding and utilization of universal precautions, asepsis and infection control procedures
- Records all care information accurately and completely
- Provides support to patient and family members
- Performs other position related duties as assigned
BENEFITS OF BEING GIFTED!
- Refer a Registered Nurse – You and your referral both get $500 with GIFTED’s Refer an RN Friend Program
- Flexible scheduling
- Premium pay
- Same Day or Weekly Pay
- Ability to work in premier facilities
- Access to Chief Nursing Officer 24-7
- Access to Social Worker 24-7
- Group Health insurance benefits:
- Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Short and Long Term Disability
- AD&D Insurance
Benefits of being a GIFTED TRAVEL NURSE
- Private housing and housing allowance
- Personal Career Coach
- Extremely competitive personalized pay package
As part of a larger mission driven health system, this 800 bed facility has provided state-of-the-art, patient centric care to the community for over 90-years. The hospital is widely and consistently recognized in the areas of trauma and emergency care, stroke, heart and vascular, cancer care, minimally invasive procedures, women’s care, and many more, including Hospital of the Year.
Exciting college town, Baton Rouge, LA, is located about 1 hour from New Orleans. From the Tin Roof Brewery to the Shaw Center for the Arts, there are activities for all travelers. Immerse yourself in the city’s history by touring Plantation Country, test your luck at the Belle of Baton Rouge Casino or enjoy a thrilling Louisiana State University baseball or famous football game at one of the largest college football stadiums in the nation.
ABOUT GIFTED HEALTHCARE
GIFTED Healthcare is a company that believes in the power of one person to make a difference in patient care. Join the ranks of our rapidly growing team of healthcare professionals, and become that difference!
Do you remember why you became a Registered Nurse at GIFTED? We do!