Registered Nurse – MedSurg job in Augusta, ME
Medical Surgical/ MED-SURG/MS Registered Nurse (RN) Travel Job
Medical Surgical/MED-SURG RN Responsibilities:
- The Med-Surg RN provides bedside care for a variety of patients
- He or she develops individualized patient assessments and an individualized plan of care accordingly
- Prepares, administers, and records prescribed medications
- Records patient’s medical information and vital signs
- Monitors, interprets, and records electronic displays
- Initiates alternative action when adverse symptomology is displayed
- Medical Surgical nurses often change dressings, insert catheters, start IVs
- Prepares equipment and assists physician during examination and treatment of patient
- Exhibits understanding and utilization of universal precautions, asepsis and infection control procedures
- Records all care information accurately and completely
- Provides support to patient and family members
- Performs other position related duties as assigned
BENEFITS OF BEING GIFTED!
- Refer a Registered Nurse – You and your referral both get $500 with GIFTED’s Refer an RN Friend Program
- Flexible scheduling
- Premium pay
- Same Day or Weekly Pay
- Ability to work in premier facilities
- Access to Chief Nursing Officer 24-7
- Access to Social Worker 24-7
- Group Health insurance benefits:
- Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Short and Long Term Disability
- AD&D Insurance
Benefits of being a GIFTED TRAVEL NURSE
- Private housing and housing allowance
- Personal Career Coach
- Extremely competitive personalized pay package
This medical facility offers inpatient and outpatient care in a new, state-of-the-art, 192-bed medical center. It is fully accredited by the Joint Commission and for the second year in a row received an Excellence in Engagement Award from The Advisory Board for achieving high employee engagement numbers. U.S. News & World Report ranks this medical center as the third-best hospital in Maine.
Augusta is the city with the small-town feel, as the capital on Maine, it is rich in history, business and culture. Check out the Maine State Museum which contains more than 500,000 artifacts that tell the story of Maine’s residents. You can also visit Old Fort Western, the oldest surviving wooden for in Maine and New England, built in 1754. The city is also the home of the Pine Tree State Arboretum, a 224-acre park and botanic garden, with six miles of hiking, biking and cross-country skiing trails for free!
ABOUT GIFTED HEALTHCARE
GIFTED Healthcare is a company that believes in the power of one person to make a difference in patient care. Join the ranks of our rapidly growing team of healthcare professionals, and become that difference!
Do you remember why you became a Registered Nurse at GIFTED? We do!