Registered Nurse – L&D Per Diem job in Zachary, LA
Labor & Delivery Unit/ L&D Registered Nurse (RN) Per Diem Job
Labor and Delivery RN Responsibilities:
- The L&D RN is responsible for monitoring patient throughout labor
- The Registered Nurse serves as the primary point of contact for family members
- Performs knowledge of phlebotomy, basic IV and central lines
- L&D registered nurses exhibit knowledge of hemodynamics
- Assesses and records maternal vital signs throughout labor and post-partum stages
- Administers pain medication and other medicines as ordered
- Labor and Delivery nurses ensure that patient is in proper positioning for delivery
- Aids doctor with aspect of delivery
- RN reads fetal monitor and monitors baby’s heart rate
- Records time of birth
- The Labor and Delivery Registered Nurse provides immediate care of newborn
- Educates and supports new mothers and families on infant care
- The RN Provides other duties as assigned
BENEFITS OF BEING GIFTED!
- Refer a Registered Nurse – You and your referral both get $500 with GIFTED’s Refer an RN Friend Program
- Flexible scheduling
- Premium pay
- Same Day or Weekly Pay
- Ability to work in premier facilities
- Access to Chief Nursing Officer 24-7
- Access to Social Worker 24-7
- Group Health insurance benefits:
- Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Short and Long Term Disability
- AD&D Insurance
This hospital has evolved into the 139-bed, state-of-the-art, regional healthcare system it is today by continuously expanding and adding new capabilities and technologies. They offer a full range of inpatient and outpatient diagnostic services and also support Cardiology, Orthopedics, Labor & Delivery, In-Patient Rehabilitation, Vascular and General Surgery, Sleep Medicine, Home Health, Diabetes, Emergency and After-Hours Urgent Care. This facility was named as one of the best places for nurses to work. It is accredited by The Joint Commission and recognized as a Top Performer on Key Quality Measures. They were recently named “Acute Care Hospital of the Year” winner, by the Louisiana Nurses Foundation and the Louisiana State Nurses Association, for its excellence in nursing and quality of service.
Zachary is located just 16 miles north of Baton Rouge, LA. As an exciting college town, Baton Rouge, LA, is located about 1 hour from New Orleans. From the Tin Roof Brewery to the Shaw Center for the Arts, there are activities for all travelers. Immerse yourself in the city’s history by touring Plantation Country, test your luck or check out a show at the L’Auberge Casino or enjoy a thrilling Louisiana State University baseball or famous football game at one of the largest college football stadiums in the nation.
ABOUT GIFTED HEALTHCARE
GIFTED Healthcare is a company that believes in the power of one person to make a difference in patient care. Join the ranks of our rapidly growing team of healthcare professionals, and become that difference!
Do you remember why you became a Registered Nurse at GIFTED? We do!