Registered Nurse – L&D job in Vicksburg, MS
Labor & Delivery Unit/ L&D Registered Nurse (RN) Travel Job
Labor and Delivery RN Responsibilities:
- The L&D RN is responsible for monitoring patient throughout labor
- The Registered Nurse serves as the primary point of contact for family members
- Performs knowledge of phlebotomy, basic IV and central lines
- L&D registered nurses exhibit knowledge of hemodynamics
- Assesses and records maternal vital signs throughout labor and post-partum stages
- Administers pain medication and other medicines as ordered
- Labor and Delivery nurses ensure that patient is in proper positioning for delivery
- Aids doctor with aspect of delivery
- RN reads fetal monitor and monitors baby’s heart rate
- Records time of birth
- The Labor and Delivery Registered Nurse provides immediate care of newborn
- Educates and supports new mothers and families on infant care
- The RN Provides other duties as assigned
BENEFITS OF BEING GIFTED!
- Refer a Registered Nurse – You and your referral both get $500 with GIFTED’s Refer an RN Friend Program
- Flexible scheduling
- Premium pay
- Same Day or Weekly Pay
- Ability to work in premier facilities
- Access to Chief Nursing Officer 24-7
- Access to Social Worker 24-7
- Group Health insurance benefits:
- Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Short and Long Term Disability
- AD&D Insurance
Benefits of being a GIFTED TRAVEL NURSE
- Private housing and housing allowance
- Personal Career Coach
- Extremely competitive personalized pay package
This facility is part of a larger health care system offering patient-centered care. It offers a 372-bed facility with inpatient, outpatient, diagnostic, emergency, and medical and surgical services. They are a care leader, as Mississippi’s first accredited Chest Pain Center and the state’s first digital mammography center.
Vicksburg, MS is a city bursting at the seams with local culture, character, art, entertainment and outdoor adventure. From four world-class casinos and upscale shopping, dining and spas to some of the most fascinating historic sites, architecture and antebellum mansions in the nation, Vicksburg offers an authentic Southern experience. The historic downtown area offers a variety of restaurants, specialty shops and art galleries. Other attractions to check out include The Corner Drug Store, which contains a collection of Civil War artifacts, the Biedenharn Coca-Cola Museum, where the first Coca-Cola was bottled in 1894, and the Yesterday’s Children Antique Doll and Toy Museum. Whether you are fishing, birding, hunting or boating, Vicksburg offers many lakes to choose from for your outdoor activities. Vicksburg also offers some of the finest camping that can be found in Mississippi.
ABOUT GIFTED HEALTHCARE
GIFTED Healthcare is a company that believes in the power of one person to make a difference in patient care. Join the ranks of our rapidly growing team of healthcare professionals, and become that difference!
Do you remember why you became a Registered Nurse at GIFTED? We do!