Registered Nurse – L&D Per Diem job in Tahlequah, OK
Labor & Delivery Unit/ L&D Registered Nurse (RN) Per Diem Job
Labor and Delivery RN Responsibilities:
- The L&D RN is responsible for monitoring patient throughout labor
- The Registered Nurse serves as the primary point of contact for family members
- Performs knowledge of phlebotomy, basic IV and central lines
- L&D registered nurses exhibit knowledge of hemodynamics
- Assesses and records maternal vital signs throughout labor and post-partum stages
- Administers pain medication and other medicines as ordered
- Labor and Delivery nurses ensure that patient is in proper positioning for delivery
- Aids doctor with aspect of delivery
- RN reads fetal monitor and monitors baby’s heart rate
- Records time of birth
- The Labor and Delivery Registered Nurse provides immediate care of newborn
- Educates and supports new mothers and families on infant care
- The RN Provides other duties as assigned
BENEFITS OF BEING GIFTED!
- Refer a Registered Nurse – You and your referral both get $500 with GIFTED’s Refer an RN Friend Program
- Flexible scheduling
- Premium pay
- Same Day or Weekly Pay
- Ability to work in premier facilities
- Access to Chief Nursing Officer 24-7
- Access to Social Worker 24-7
- Group Health insurance benefits:
- Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Short and Long Term Disability
- AD&D Insurance
This 60-bed facility boasts a unique culture that is a huge draw for local and travel nurses. Presently the hospital offers the following services: audiology, public health, dietary services, diabetes, EEG/EKG, Emergency Care, General Surgery, Intensive Care, Internal Medicine, Obstetrics/Gynecology, Ophthalmology, Optometry, Orthopedics, Pediatrics, Pharmacy, Podiatry, Radiology, Rehabilitation Services, Therapy, Behavioral Health, Women’s Health, and more.
Tahlequah, located at the foothills of the Ozark Mountains about one-hour from Tulsa, was voted one of the Top 100 Best Small Towns in America. It was established as a capital of the 19th-century Cherokee Nation in 1839. Tour the recreated ancient Cherokee village of Tsa-La-Gi, located at the Cherokee Heritage Center. Make a big splash at Lake Tenkiller or float down the state’s best canoe waterway the Illinois River. You can also test your luck at the Cherokee Casino.
ABOUT GIFTED HEALTHCARE
GIFTED Healthcare is a company that believes in the power of one person to make a difference in patient care. Join the ranks of our rapidly growing team of healthcare professionals, and become that difference!
Do you remember why you became a Registered Nurse at GIFTED? We do!