Registered Nurse – L&D job in Scranton, PA
Labor & Delivery Unit/ L&D Registered Nurse (RN) Travel Job
Labor and Delivery RN Responsibilities:
- The L&D RN is responsible for monitoring patient throughout labor
- The Registered Nurse serves as the primary point of contact for family members
- Performs knowledge of phlebotomy, basic IV and central lines
- L&D registered nurses exhibit knowledge of hemodynamics
- Assesses and records maternal vital signs throughout labor and post-partum stages
- Administers pain medication and other medicines as ordered
- Labor and Delivery nurses ensure that patient is in proper positioning for delivery
- Aids doctor with aspect of delivery
- RN reads fetal monitor and monitors baby’s heart rate
- Records time of birth
- The Labor and Delivery Registered Nurse provides immediate care of newborn
- Educates and supports new mothers and families on infant care
- The RN Provides other duties as assigned
BENEFITS OF BEING GIFTED!
- Refer a Registered Nurse – You and your referral both get $500 with GIFTED’s Refer an RN Friend Program
- Flexible scheduling
- Premium pay
- Same Day or Weekly Pay
- Ability to work in premier facilities
- Access to Chief Nursing Officer 24-7
- Access to Social Worker 24-7
- Group Health insurance benefits:
- Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Short and Long Term Disability
- AD&D Insurance
Benefits of being a GIFTED TRAVEL NURSE
- Private housing and housing allowance
- Personal Career Coach
- Extremely competitive personalized pay package
This facility is part of a larger healthcare system that is widely recognized for its innovative use of the electronic health record and the development of innovative care delivery models. With a focus on patient care and quality, this medical center offers comprehensive services to meet patients’ complex healthcare needs. This community hospital has 248-beds, is an accredited Primary Stroke Center, and is the area’s only Level II Trauma Center. It is home to the award-winning Heart and Vascular Institute and the only hospital in Scranton to be certified as both a Heart Attack Receiving Center by the American Heart Association and an accredited Chest Pain Center by the Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care. This facility has an EPIC EMR system, providing the most up-to-date information regarding patients’ care and treatment to its nurses, physicians and facilities.
Scranton, PA is the sixth-largest city in Pennsylvania and is known as the “Electric City” because the first electric trolleys were used here. Explore the Electric Trolley Museum, where you can travel through the history of trolleys and jump into a 90-year old trolley that has been put back into use to take visitors through a one-mile tunnel that was built in 1904. Take a tour down a real coal mile that is no longer in operation. It will take you 300 feet down an actual mine shaft! On your day off or after a shift check out Scranton’s largest park, Nay Aug, where you can explore walking trails, picnic areas, kid-friendly rides, playgrounds, pools, a waterslide complex and much more! Discover Montage Mountain Ski Resort, located 8 miles from downtown Scranton where you can ski, snowboard, snow tube, or just sit back and enjoy the scenic terrain.
ABOUT GIFTED HEALTHCARE
GIFTED Healthcare is a company that believes in the power of one person to make a difference in patient care. Join the ranks of our rapidly growing team of healthcare professionals, and become that difference!
Do you remember why you became a Registered Nurse at GIFTED? We do!