Registered Nurse – L&D job in San Jose, CA
Labor & Delivery Unit/ L&D Registered Nurse (RN) Travel Job
Labor and Delivery RN Responsibilities:
- The L&D RN is responsible for monitoring patient throughout labor
- The Registered Nurse serves as the primary point of contact for family members
- Performs knowledge of phlebotomy, basic IV and central lines
- L&D registered nurses exhibit knowledge of hemodynamics
- Assesses and records maternal vital signs throughout labor and post-partum stages
- Administers pain medication and other medicines as ordered
- Labor and Delivery nurses ensure that patient is in proper positioning for delivery
- Aids doctor with aspect of delivery
- RN reads fetal monitor and monitors baby’s heart rate
- Records time of birth
- The Labor and Delivery Registered Nurse provides immediate care of newborn
- Educates and supports new mothers and families on infant care
- The RN Provides other duties as assigned
BENEFITS OF BEING GIFTED!
- Refer a Registered Nurse – You and your referral both get $500 with GIFTED’s Refer an RN Friend Program
- Flexible scheduling
- Premium pay
- Same Day or Weekly Pay
- Ability to work in premier facilities
- Access to Chief Nursing Officer 24-7
- Access to Social Worker 24-7
- Group Health insurance benefits:
- Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Short and Long Term Disability
- AD&D Insurance
Benefits of being a GIFTED TRAVEL NURSE
- Private housing and housing allowance
- Personal Career Coach
- Extremely competitive personalized pay package
This 332-bed is a general medical and surgical hospital located in the heart of Silicon Valley. It is recognized as a leader in neurosciences, high-risk obstetrics, comprehensive cancer services, advanced cardiology and innovative surgery techniques. It was the first of five hospitals in the country and the first in Santa Clara County to become a Stroke Certified Hospital. It is also an accredited Chest Pain Center and a county-designated STEMI receiving center.
San Jose, CA is a vibrant city in Silicon Valley where you can find unique museums, lively neighborhoods, beautiful parks and great restaurants. San Jose has amazing year round weather to enjoy the expansive open spaces, beautiful parks and trails such as Los Gatos Creek trail plus there are outdoor attractions to enjoy such as the Japanese Friendship Garden and History Park. Take a walk through the romantic Municipal Rose Garden, visit the San Jose Museum of Art, or stroll through San Pedro Square Market, a downtown place for foodies, music lovers, locally-made shop supporters, demanders of coffee perfection, history seekers, and wine and beer enthusiasts.
ABOUT GIFTED HEALTHCARE
GIFTED Healthcare is a company that believes in the power of one person to make a difference in patient care. Join the ranks of our rapidly growing team of healthcare professionals, and become that difference!
Do you remember why you became a Registered Nurse at GIFTED? We do!