Registered Nurse – L&D job in Raton, NM
Labor & Delivery Unit/ L&D Registered Nurse (RN) Travel Job
Labor and Delivery RN Responsibilities:
- The L&D RN is responsible for monitoring patient throughout labor
- The Registered Nurse serves as the primary point of contact for family members
- Performs knowledge of phlebotomy, basic IV and central lines
- L&D registered nurses exhibit knowledge of hemodynamics
- Assesses and records maternal vital signs throughout labor and post-partum stages
- Administers pain medication and other medicines as ordered
- Labor and Delivery nurses ensure that patient is in proper positioning for delivery
- Aids doctor with aspect of delivery
- RN reads fetal monitor and monitors baby’s heart rate
- Records time of birth
- The Labor and Delivery Registered Nurse provides immediate care of newborn
- Educates and supports new mothers and families on infant care
- The RN Provides other duties as assigned
BENEFITS OF BEING GIFTED!
- Refer a Registered Nurse – You and your referral both get $500 with GIFTED’s Refer an RN Friend Program
- Flexible scheduling
- Premium pay
- Same Day or Weekly Pay
- Ability to work in premier facilities
- Access to Chief Nursing Officer 24-7
- Access to Social Worker 24-7
- Group Health insurance benefits:
- Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Short and Long Term Disability
- AD&D Insurance
Benefits of being a GIFTED TRAVEL NURSE
- Private housing and housing allowance
- Personal Career Coach
- Extremely competitive personalized pay package
Located in Raton, NM, this general medical and surgical hospital has 25 beds. The facility prides itself on serving the surrounding Northern New Mexico community and the dedication given to patients can be seen throughout all practices. As a top ranking long-term care facility, the medical center is able to provide each patient with a detailed and effective care plan for during and after their stay at the hospital. They have been recognized nationally as a top 100 critical assess facility in the United States. Some of the specialty outpatient services offered at the facility are pulmonary medicine, black lung, and oncology. The facility also provides surgery, radiology, physical therapy, and respiratory services. All staff members are dedicated to making the patient comfortable and providing the highest levels of care and compassion.
Located near the Colorado and New Mexico border, Raton, NM offers residents and visitors a quiet and quaint town to enjoy. Spend some outdoor time checking out Sugarite Canyon State Park, which is filled with wildlife animals and picturesque views. Visit the Raton Regional Aquatic Center and have fun at an indoor water park. Explore and catch a flick at El Raton Theater, which is an art deco theater offering viewers an old-time movie experience. Take an afternoon to adventure in to The Mercado which is a large warehouse building offering visitors excellent prices on a large selection of second-hand finds. Find the time to enjoy some authentic Mexican cuisine at El Matador restaurant. The community in Raton is tight so making friends and building relationships with neighbors is something to look forward to.
ABOUT GIFTED HEALTHCARE
GIFTED Healthcare is a company that believes in the power of one person to make a difference in patient care. Join the ranks of our rapidly growing team of healthcare professionals, and become that difference!
Do you remember why you became a Registered Nurse at GIFTED? We do!