Registered Nurse – L&D job in New Orleans, LA
Labor & Delivery Unit/ L&D Registered Nurse (RN) Local Job
Labor and Delivery RN Responsibilities:
- The L&D RN is responsible for monitoring patient throughout labor
- The Registered Nurse serves as the primary point of contact for family members
- Performs knowledge of phlebotomy, basic IV and central lines
- L&D registered nurses exhibit knowledge of hemodynamics
- Assesses and records maternal vital signs throughout labor and post-partum stages
- Administers pain medication and other medicines as ordered
- Labor and Delivery nurses ensure that patient is in proper positioning for delivery
- Aids doctor with aspect of delivery
- RN reads fetal monitor and monitors baby’s heart rate
- Records time of birth
- The Labor and Delivery Registered Nurse provides immediate care of newborn
- Educates and supports new mothers and families on infant care
- The RN Provides other duties as assigned
BENEFITS OF BEING GIFTED!
- Refer a Registered Nurse – You and your referral both get $500 with GIFTED’s Refer an RN Friend Program
- Flexible scheduling
- Premium pay
- Same Day or Weekly Pay
- Ability to work in premier facilities
- Access to Chief Nursing Officer 24-7
- Access to Social Worker 24-7
- Group Health insurance benefits:
- Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Short and Long Term Disability
- AD&D Insurance
Benefits of being a GIFTED TRAVEL NURSE
- Private housing and housing allowance
- Personal Career Coach
- Extremely competitive personalized pay package
This 280-bed Joint Commission Certified hospital is located in the heart of New Orleans’ beautiful Uptown. Services provided include cancer care, cardiac rehabilitation, cardiovascular services, emergency care, orthopedic care, and spine care. This hospital offers one of the premier CARF rehabilitation centers in the country, as well as delivers over 3,000 babies a year, the facility is recognized as a Certified Stroke Primary Center of Excellence.
New Orleans is one of the world’s most fascinating cities, home to a unique melting pot of culture, food and music. Stroll Royal Street in the French Quarter for beautiful art and antique shopping, take a ride on the streetcar and see magnificent St. Charles Avenue mansions, catch a Saints football game at the Superdome, or enjoy a celebrated parade at Mardi Gras. From world-famous restaurants to hidden music clubs, New Orleans has something to discover on every street. New Orleans is the heart, soul and spirit of Louisiana.
ABOUT GIFTED HEALTHCARE
GIFTED Healthcare is a company that believes in the power of one person to make a difference in patient care. Join the ranks of our rapidly growing team of healthcare professionals, and become that difference!
Do you remember why you became a Registered Nurse at GIFTED? We do!