Registered Nurse – L&D job in Lake Charles, LA
Labor & Delivery Unit/ L&D Registered Nurse (RN) Travel Job
Labor and Delivery RN Responsibilities:
- The L&D RN is responsible for monitoring patient throughout labor
- The Registered Nurse serves as the primary point of contact for family members
- Performs knowledge of phlebotomy, basic IV and central lines
- L&D registered nurses exhibit knowledge of hemodynamics
- Assesses and records maternal vital signs throughout labor and post-partum stages
- Administers pain medication and other medicines as ordered
- Labor and Delivery nurses ensure that patient is in proper positioning for delivery
- Aids doctor with aspect of delivery
- RN reads fetal monitor and monitors baby’s heart rate
- Records time of birth
- The Labor and Delivery Registered Nurse provides immediate care of newborn
- Educates and supports new mothers and families on infant care
- The RN Provides other duties as assigned
BENEFITS OF BEING GIFTED!
- Refer a Registered Nurse – You and your referral both get $500 with GIFTED’s Refer an RN Friend Program
- Flexible scheduling
- Premium pay
- Same Day or Weekly Pay
- Ability to work in premier facilities
- Access to Chief Nursing Officer 24-7
- Access to Social Worker 24-7
- Group Health insurance benefits:
- Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Short and Long Term Disability
- AD&D Insurance
Benefits of being a GIFTED TRAVEL NURSE
- Private housing and housing allowance
- Personal Career Coach
- Extremely competitive personalized pay package
This facility is part of a larger health care system and is recognized as the region’s largest family-centered medical complex, serving the needs of Southwest Louisiana for over 60 years! This main campus consists of 314 licensed acute care beds and provides the largest array of specialty and emergency services in the community. It is a member of the Voluntary Hospitals of America and is fully licensed by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations. The Cancer Center was also the recipient of the Outstanding Achievement Award by the American College of Surgeons’(ACS) Commission on Cancer (CoC).
Lake Charles, LA is often referred to as Southwest Louisiana and is a thriving destination that caters to many. This area offers everything from flashy casinos and award-winning golf courses to hunting and fishing adventures and over 75 festivals, ranging from the area’s family friendly Mardi Gras to the Contraband Days Pirate Festival. Performing arts are flourishing in Lake Charles, with theatre and musical groups, including the Lake Charles Symphony. There are multiple museums to explore the history and culture of Lake Charles, including the Mardi Gras Museum, which houses the largest display of Mardi Gras costumes in the world. In South Louisiana is where you can taste world-famous Cajun and Creole cuisine. Take a drive along the Creole Nature Trail All-American Road, which is alive with wildlife, including alligators, birds and three wildlife refuges. The nightlife scene in Lake Charles is also booming with headlining entertainment and excellent amenities at the area’s casino resorts.
ABOUT GIFTED HEALTHCARE
GIFTED Healthcare is a company that believes in the power of one person to make a difference in patient care. Join the ranks of our rapidly growing team of healthcare professionals, and become that difference!
Do you remember why you became a Registered Nurse at GIFTED? We do!