Registered Nurse – L&D job in Gainesville, GA
Labor & Delivery Unit/ L&D Registered Nurse (RN) Travel Job
Labor and Delivery RN Responsibilities:
- The L&D RN is responsible for monitoring patient throughout labor
- The Registered Nurse serves as the primary point of contact for family members
- Performs knowledge of phlebotomy, basic IV and central lines
- L&D registered nurses exhibit knowledge of hemodynamics
- Assesses and records maternal vital signs throughout labor and post-partum stages
- Administers pain medication and other medicines as ordered
- Labor and Delivery nurses ensure that patient is in proper positioning for delivery
- Aids doctor with aspect of delivery
- RN reads fetal monitor and monitors baby’s heart rate
- Records time of birth
- The Labor and Delivery Registered Nurse provides immediate care of newborn
- Educates and supports new mothers and families on infant care
- The RN Provides other duties as assigned
BENEFITS OF BEING GIFTED!
- Refer a Registered Nurse – You and your referral both get $500 with GIFTED’s Refer an RN Friend Program
- Flexible scheduling
- Premium pay
- Same Day or Weekly Pay
- Ability to work in premier facilities
- Access to Chief Nursing Officer 24-7
- Access to Social Worker 24-7
- Group Health insurance benefits:
- Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Short and Long Term Disability
- AD&D Insurance
Benefits of being a GIFTED TRAVEL NURSE
- Private housing and housing allowance
- Personal Career Coach
- Extremely competitive personalized pay package
This facility is part of a larger, not-for-profit, community health system, dedicated to improving the health and quality of life of the people of Northeast Georgia. It offers a full range of healthcare services and was rated as Georgia’s #1 Hospital (according to CareChex), the #2 Hospital in the Nation and among only twenty large community hospitals named to Truven Healthcare’s list of the nation’s 100 Top Hospitals.
Nicknamed the “Queen City of the Mountains” Gainesville, GA is located 52 miles’ northeast of Atlanta, on the shore of Lake Lanier. Lake Sidney Lanier offers many recreational opportunities on your day off or after a long shift, including canoe and kayak rentals at the Olympic Venue! Be sure to take a stroll through Downtown Gainesville, located in the heart of the city. It is where you can explore unique boutiques, live music, vendors, and local restaurants. Arts fans have plenty of attractions to choose from, the Gainesville Ballet, the Gainesville Symphony, the Smithgall Arts Center, or the art galleries at Gainesville State College, just to name a few. With varied cultural opportunities, Blue Ridge Mountains, lakes, parks, and the short distance to Atlanta, Gainesville is one of Georgia’s most favorably located cities.
ABOUT GIFTED HEALTHCARE
GIFTED Healthcare is a company that believes in the power of one person to make a difference in patient care. Join the ranks of our rapidly growing team of healthcare professionals, and become that difference!
Do you remember why you became a Registered Nurse at GIFTED? We do!