Registered Nurse – L&D job in Columbia, SC
Labor & Delivery Unit/ L&D Registered Nurse (RN) Travel Job
Labor and Delivery RN Responsibilities:
- The L&D RN is responsible for monitoring patient throughout labor
- The Registered Nurse serves as the primary point of contact for family members
- Performs knowledge of phlebotomy, basic IV and central lines
- L&D registered nurses exhibit knowledge of hemodynamics
- Assesses and records maternal vital signs throughout labor and post-partum stages
- Administers pain medication and other medicines as ordered
- Labor and Delivery nurses ensure that patient is in proper positioning for delivery
- Aids doctor with aspect of delivery
- RN reads fetal monitor and monitors baby’s heart rate
- Records time of birth
- The Labor and Delivery Registered Nurse provides immediate care of newborn
- Educates and supports new mothers and families on infant care
- The RN Provides other duties as assigned
BENEFITS OF BEING GIFTED!
- Refer a Registered Nurse – You and your referral both get $500 with GIFTED’s Refer an RN Friend Program
- Flexible scheduling
- Premium pay
- Same Day or Weekly Pay
- Ability to work in premier facilities
- Access to Chief Nursing Officer 24-7
- Access to Social Worker 24-7
- Group Health insurance benefits:
- Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Short and Long Term Disability
- AD&D Insurance
Benefits of being a GIFTED TRAVEL NURSE
- Private housing and housing allowance
- Personal Career Coach
- Extremely competitive personalized pay package
This hospital is celebrated 125 years of service to Columbia in 2017. The facility includes 649-beds and is the regional community teaching medical center. More than 225,000 patients from across the state and beyond are treated here each year and there are more than 4,200 employees and a medical staff of more than 900. A wide range of primary and specialty health care services are provided here. The areas of excellence include behavioral care, cardiology, obstetrics, oncology, orthopedics, neonatology, robotic assisted surgery and trauma. The medical center was awarded “Exemplar” status for their NICHE (Nurses Improving Care for Health system Elders) program, the premier designation indicates their commitment to excellence in the care of patients 65-years and older.
Columbia, SC offers several exciting and distinct shopping districts including a recently revitalized downtown with many new shops and restaurants. Stroll along Gervais Street in the Vista, State Street in West Columbia, Main Street downtown or through Five Points, where pubs, bars and restaurants bring everything from country and blues to rock, jazz and bluegrass to their visitors. Take a trip back in time in Historic Columbia with neighborhood tours and walk-through of historic homes and gardens. With so many trails, gardens and Lake Murray nearby, exploring outside in this beautiful town is a must. Kayakers, hikers and campers can also find fun at the Congaree National Park, just 20 miles outside the city.
ABOUT GIFTED HEALTHCARE
GIFTED Healthcare is a company that believes in the power of one person to make a difference in patient care. Join the ranks of our rapidly growing team of healthcare professionals, and become that difference!
Do you remember why you became a Registered Nurse at GIFTED? We do!