Registered Nurse – L&D job in Columbia , MO
Labor & Delivery Unit/ L&D Registered Nurse (RN) Travel Job
Labor and Delivery RN Responsibilities:
- The L&D RN is responsible for monitoring patient throughout labor
- The Registered Nurse serves as the primary point of contact for family members
- Performs knowledge of phlebotomy, basic IV and central lines
- L&D registered nurses exhibit knowledge of hemodynamics
- Assesses and records maternal vital signs throughout labor and post-partum stages
- Administers pain medication and other medicines as ordered
- Labor and Delivery nurses ensure that patient is in proper positioning for delivery
- Aids doctor with aspect of delivery
- RN reads fetal monitor and monitors baby’s heart rate
- Records time of birth
- The Labor and Delivery Registered Nurse provides immediate care of newborn
- Educates and supports new mothers and families on infant care
- The RN Provides other duties as assigned
BENEFITS OF BEING GIFTED!
- Refer a Registered Nurse – You and your referral both get $500 with GIFTED’s Refer an RN Friend Program
- Flexible scheduling
- Premium pay
- Same Day or Weekly Pay
- Ability to work in premier facilities
- Access to Chief Nursing Officer 24-7
- Access to Social Worker 24-7
- Group Health insurance benefits:
- Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Short and Long Term Disability
- AD&D Insurance
Benefits of being a GIFTED TRAVEL NURSE
- Private housing and housing allowance
- Personal Career Coach
- Extremely competitive personalized pay package
This hospital is a part of the 15-hospital healthcare system that provides excellent medical care to the community of central Missouri. This 397-bed regional referral center has earned a reputation for outstanding cardiovascular medicine, neurology, oncology, obstetrics, orthopedics, and emergency medical services. The hospital was designated a Magnet hospital in 2005 and received the credential again in 2009 and 2014. For the third year in a row, it was ranked #1 hospital in mid-Missouri by U.S. News and World Report and was ranked #4 overall in the state of Missouri.
Columbia is located at the center of Missouri’s rolling hills and is home to the University of Missouri, Columbia. This town is packed with cultural activities like professional ballet companies, live theater, a symphony and orchestra, as well as museums like the Museum of Art and Archeology. There are many outdoor activities available in Columbia like hanging out, hiking, fishing, or walking along a beach in places like Stephens Lake Park and Finger Lakes Park. The Mizzou Botanical Garden and the Shelter Gardens are both lovely places to go and calm one’s mind, there are over 6 acres of land filled with beautiful flowerbeds in these places. Columbia is also filled with an exuberant night life. Places like Nash Vegas and On the Rocks are always overflowing with excitement and fun! There are also places like The Roof and the Rose Music Hall for people who like to enjoy more low-key vibe. In Columbia, Missouri there is a place and activity for everyone!
ABOUT GIFTED HEALTHCARE
GIFTED Healthcare is a company that believes in the power of one person to make a difference in patient care. Join the ranks of our rapidly growing team of healthcare professionals, and become that difference!
Do you remember why you became a Registered Nurse at GIFTED? We do!