Registered Nurse – L&D job in Chico, CA
Labor & Delivery Unit/ L&D Registered Nurse (RN) Travel Job
Labor and Delivery RN Responsibilities:
- The L&D RN is responsible for monitoring patient throughout labor
- The Registered Nurse serves as the primary point of contact for family members
- Performs knowledge of phlebotomy, basic IV and central lines
- L&D registered nurses exhibit knowledge of hemodynamics
- Assesses and records maternal vital signs throughout labor and post-partum stages
- Administers pain medication and other medicines as ordered
- Labor and Delivery nurses ensure that patient is in proper positioning for delivery
- Aids doctor with aspect of delivery
- RN reads fetal monitor and monitors baby’s heart rate
- Records time of birth
- The Labor and Delivery Registered Nurse provides immediate care of newborn
- Educates and supports new mothers and families on infant care
- The RN Provides other duties as assigned
BENEFITS OF BEING GIFTED!
- Refer a Registered Nurse – You and your referral both get $500 with GIFTED’s Refer an RN Friend Program
- Flexible scheduling
- Premium pay
- Same Day or Weekly Pay
- Ability to work in premier facilities
- Access to Chief Nursing Officer 24-7
- Access to Social Worker 24-7
- Group Health insurance benefits:
- Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Short and Long Term Disability
- AD&D Insurance
Benefits of being a GIFTED TRAVEL NURSE
- Private housing and housing allowance
- Personal Career Coach
- Extremely competitive personalized pay package
This 298-bed, not for profit hospital is proud to serve the community members throughout Butte County. This facility is one of the two Level II trauma centers north of Sacramento and houses the regions only Level II neonatal ICU. This hospital offers many comprehensive medical services including cardiac surgery and heart care, orthopedics, neurosurgery, joint replacements, cancer care, maternity care, women’s services, and more!
Chico is only 2 hours north of Sacramento, CA situated in between the Plumas National Forest and the Mendocino National Forest. Chico is home to the elaborate Bidwell Park, with woodland trails to explore via foot or bike, a beautiful golf course, and an observatory. Take a tour of the Sierra Nevada Brewing Co or spend your Saturday morning wandering around the Chico Farmers Market to get your fresh produce for the week. Chico has countless amazing local restaurants that will surely suit every foodie need. The Foodie Cafe, Halo Hawaiian Poke Bar, and Uncle Skinny’s BBQ are a few of the local favorites.
ABOUT GIFTED HEALTHCARE
GIFTED Healthcare is a company that believes in the power of one person to make a difference in patient care. Join the ranks of our rapidly growing team of healthcare professionals, and become that difference!
Do you remember why you became a Registered Nurse at GIFTED? We do!