Registered Nurse – L&D job in Bethel, AK
Labor & Delivery Unit/ L&D Registered Nurse (RN) Travel Job
Labor and Delivery RN Responsibilities:
- The L&D RN is responsible for monitoring patient throughout labor
- The Registered Nurse serves as the primary point of contact for family members
- Performs knowledge of phlebotomy, basic IV and central lines
- L&D registered nurses exhibit knowledge of hemodynamics
- Assesses and records maternal vital signs throughout labor and post-partum stages
- Administers pain medication and other medicines as ordered
- Labor and Delivery nurses ensure that patient is in proper positioning for delivery
- Aids doctor with aspect of delivery
- RN reads fetal monitor and monitors baby’s heart rate
- Records time of birth
- The Labor and Delivery Registered Nurse provides immediate care of newborn
- Educates and supports new mothers and families on infant care
- The RN Provides other duties as assigned
BENEFITS OF BEING GIFTED!
- Refer a Registered Nurse – You and your referral both get $500 with GIFTED’s Refer an RN Friend Program
- Flexible scheduling
- Premium pay
- Same Day or Weekly Pay
- Ability to work in premier facilities
- Access to Chief Nursing Officer 24-7
- Access to Social Worker 24-7
- Group Health insurance benefits:
- Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Short and Long Term Disability
- AD&D Insurance
Benefits of being a GIFTED TRAVEL NURSE
- Private housing and housing allowance
- Personal Career Coach
- Extremely competitive personalized pay package
This medical system provides comprehensive health care for 58 rural communities in southwest Alaska. The hospital is a 50-bed general, acute care, medical facility that is fully accredited by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations. Services include an adult medical-surgical ward, a pediatric ward, an obstetric ward, as well as outpatient family medicine clinics, an emergency room, lab, X-ray, and specialty clinics.
Bethel, Alaska is located on the western coast of Alaska, about 40 miles from the Bering Sea and approximately 400 miles from Anchorage. Check out the bird watching at Yukon Delta National Wildlife Refuge, which is the largest wildlife refuge in the country! If you want to go for a nice hike, explore Pinky’s Park in Bethel, that features a nearly two-mile boardwalk over the tundra. Bethel is home of two major festivals. Kuskokwim 300, is one of the top mid-distance dog sled races in the world, held mid-January. The Cama-I Dance Festival is held the last weekend of March every year and is a three-day dance festival that involves dancers from other states and countries along with local dancers. Don’t forget about the bimonthly “Saturday Market” where crafters and artisans go to offer their arts and crafts.
ABOUT GIFTED HEALTHCARE
GIFTED Healthcare is a company that believes in the power of one person to make a difference in patient care. Join the ranks of our rapidly growing team of healthcare professionals, and become that difference!
Do you remember why you became a Registered Nurse at GIFTED? We do!