Registered Nurse – L&D job in Atlanta, GA
Labor & Delivery Unit/ L&D Registered Nurse (RN) Local Job
Labor and Delivery RN Responsibilities:
- The L&D RN is responsible for monitoring patient throughout labor
- The Registered Nurse serves as the primary point of contact for family members
- Performs knowledge of phlebotomy, basic IV and central lines
- L&D registered nurses exhibit knowledge of hemodynamics
- Assesses and records maternal vital signs throughout labor and post-partum stages
- Administers pain medication and other medicines as ordered
- Labor and Delivery nurses ensure that patient is in proper positioning for delivery
- Aids doctor with aspect of delivery
- RN reads fetal monitor and monitors baby’s heart rate
- Records time of birth
- The Labor and Delivery Registered Nurse provides immediate care of newborn
- Educates and supports new mothers and families on infant care
- The RN Provides other duties as assigned
BENEFITS OF BEING GIFTED!
- Refer a Registered Nurse – You and your referral both get $500 with GIFTED’s Refer an RN Friend Program
- Flexible scheduling
- Premium pay
- Same Day or Weekly Pay
- Ability to work in premier facilities
- Access to Chief Nursing Officer 24-7
- Access to Social Worker 24-7
- Group Health insurance benefits:
- Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Short and Long Term Disability
- AD&D Insurance
Benefits of being a GIFTED TRAVEL NURSE
- Private housing and housing allowance
- Personal Career Coach
- Extremely competitive personalized pay package
Join a state-of-the-art facility staffed with skilled, caring professionals who are dedicated to the health and wellness of their community. This health system made up of three area hospitals, includes over 600 licensed beds, more than 2,500 physicians and 14,200 employees. The hospital sees nearly 2,000,000 patient annually. This full-service, acute-care hospital offers particular expertise in Maternity Services, Women’s Health, Cancer Care, Surgery and Radiology. Forbes named this hospital one of America’s Best Employers and the #1 employer in Georgia.
From the world’s largest aquarium to a diverse selection of museums and scenic parks, Atlanta, Georgia is a destination where travel nurses will never run out of things to see and do. Attractions such as the Georgia Aquarium, home to more than 500 species from around the globe that live in more than 10 million gallons of fresh and marine water, the Atlanta History Center, home to the Atlanta History Museum and six historic gardens, and Piedmont Park, a 189-acre urban park that serves as a cultural and recreational green space for the city, should not be missed. From boutiques to art galleries, antiques and outlet centers, Atlanta shopping is everywhere. Venture into Buckhead for luxurious Atlanta shopping with upscale malls. Discover the hottest boutiques in neighborhood shopping districts, from Midtown and Virginia Highland to funky vintage finds in Little Five Points.
Body of email with profile must include the following:
*Please submit all profiles with the below chart format.
Candidate Phone Number:
EMR Trained: (Cerner, Epic, McKesson)
Length of potential contract:
Potential Start Date:
Campus: (Atlanta, Cherokee, Forsyth, Lawrenceville, Duluth) – Any / Specify
(If Gwinnett – Last 4 SS)
Time Off Needed/Requested:
ABOUT GIFTED HEALTHCARE
GIFTED Healthcare is a company that believes in the power of one person to make a difference in patient care. Join the ranks of our rapidly growing team of healthcare professionals, and become that difference!
Do you remember why you became a Registered Nurse at GIFTED? We do!