Registered Nurse – Interventional Radiology job in Roanoke, VA
Interventional Radiology (IR) Registered Nurse (RN) Travel Job
Interventional Radiology/IR RN Responsibilities:
- The Interventional Radiology RN is involved with the assessment, planning, and care of patients who undergo diagnostic, interventional, and therapeutic procedures
- Interventional Radiology RNs complete comprehensive patient assessment specific to clinical area/unit
- Documentation of all aspects of care thoroughly based on the policy of the hospital is required by the Interventional Radiology RN
- Delegates tasks appropriately within scope of practice and performs necessary follow up
- Demonstrates excellent critical thinking skills. Interventional Radiology Registered Nurses respond appropriately to emergencies
- The Interventional Radiology Nurse has good time management and prioritization skills
- Interventional Radiology RNs participate in department quality improvement efforts
- Under the direction of a physician, Interventional Radiology Registered Nurses performs moderate and deep sedation on patients and conducts appropriate monitoring, assessments, interventions, and documentation as required by the hospital
- The IR Nurse prepares the patient for procedure by providing ongoing education to the patient and to the family members
BENEFITS OF BEING GIFTED!
- Refer a Registered Nurse – You and your referral both get $500 with GIFTED’s Refer an RN Friend Program
- Flexible scheduling
- Premium pay
- Same Day or Weekly Pay
- Ability to work in premier facilities
- Access to Chief Nursing Officer 24-7
- Access to Social Worker 24-7
- Group Health insurance benefits:
- Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Short and Long Term Disability
- AD&D Insurance
Benefits of being a GIFTED TRAVEL NURSE
- Private housing and housing allowance
- Personal Career Coach
- Extremely competitive personalized pay package
One of Virginia’s largest hospital features 703-beds with an additional 60-bed NICU, a level-1 trauma center, and a Children’s Hospital with a pediatric ER. The facility is the only in the area that is Magnet recognized. Services offered include cancer care, heart care, neurosurgery, orthopedics, and women’s services.This facility has an EPIC EMR system, providing the most up-to-date information regarding patients’ care and treatment to its nurses, physicians and facilities.
There are so many fun things to do in the Roanoke, Virginia and the Blue Ridge Mountain area. From galleries and shows to sports and shopping, there are always new experiences for travel nurses to enjoy. As the state recreational, cultural and business hub, Roanoke is known as the “Star City of the South”. The nickname is also attributed to the iconic Roanoke Star, which sits atop Mill Mountain and overlooks the entire region.
ABOUT GIFTED HEALTHCARE
GIFTED Healthcare is a company that believes in the power of one person to make a difference in patient care. Join the ranks of our rapidly growing team of healthcare professionals, and become that difference!
Do you remember why you became a Registered Nurse at GIFTED? We do!