Registered Nurse – Interventional Radiology job in Columbia, SC
Interventional Radiology (IR) Registered Nurse (RN) Travel Job
Interventional Radiology/IR RN Responsibilities:
- The Interventional Radiology RN is involved with the assessment, planning, and care of patients who undergo diagnostic, interventional, and therapeutic procedures
- Interventional Radiology RNs complete comprehensive patient assessment specific to clinical area/unit
- Documentation of all aspects of care thoroughly based on the policy of the hospital is required by the Interventional Radiology RN
- Delegates tasks appropriately within scope of practice and performs necessary follow up
- Demonstrates excellent critical thinking skills. Interventional Radiology Registered Nurses respond appropriately to emergencies
- The Interventional Radiology Nurse has good time management and prioritization skills
- Interventional Radiology RNs participate in department quality improvement efforts
- Under the direction of a physician, Interventional Radiology Registered Nurses performs moderate and deep sedation on patients and conducts appropriate monitoring, assessments, interventions, and documentation as required by the hospital
- The IR Nurse prepares the patient for procedure by providing ongoing education to the patient and to the family members
BENEFITS OF BEING GIFTED!
- Refer a Registered Nurse – You and your referral both get $500 with GIFTED’s Refer an RN Friend Program
- Flexible scheduling
- Premium pay
- Same Day or Weekly Pay
- Ability to work in premier facilities
- Access to Chief Nursing Officer 24-7
- Access to Social Worker 24-7
- Group Health insurance benefits:
- Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Short and Long Term Disability
- AD&D Insurance
Benefits of being a GIFTED TRAVEL NURSE
- Private housing and housing allowance
- Personal Career Coach
- Extremely competitive personalized pay package
This hospital is celebrated 125 years of service to Columbia in 2017. The facility includes 649-beds and is the regional community teaching medical center. More than 225,000 patients from across the state and beyond are treated here each year and there are more than 4,200 employees and a medical staff of more than 900. A wide range of primary and specialty health care services are provided here. The areas of excellence include behavioral care, cardiology, obstetrics, oncology, orthopedics, neonatology, robotic assisted surgery and trauma. The medical center was awarded “Exemplar” status for their NICHE (Nurses Improving Care for Health system Elders) program, the premier designation indicates their commitment to excellence in the care of patients 65-years and older.
Columbia, SC offers several exciting and distinct shopping districts including a recently revitalized downtown with many new shops and restaurants. Stroll along Gervais Street in the Vista, State Street in West Columbia, Main Street downtown or through Five Points, where pubs, bars and restaurants bring everything from country and blues to rock, jazz and bluegrass to their visitors. Take a trip back in time in Historic Columbia with neighborhood tours and walk-through of historic homes and gardens. With so many trails, gardens and Lake Murray nearby, exploring outside in this beautiful town is a must. Kayakers, hikers and campers can also find fun at the Congaree National Park, just 20 miles outside the city.
ABOUT GIFTED HEALTHCARE
GIFTED Healthcare is a company that believes in the power of one person to make a difference in patient care. Join the ranks of our rapidly growing team of healthcare professionals, and become that difference!
Do you remember why you became a Registered Nurse at GIFTED? We do!