Registered Nurse – IMC job in Springfield, MO
Intermediate Medical Care Unit/IMCU Registered Nurse (RN) Travel Job
Intermediate Medical Care Unit/IMCU RN Responsibilities:
- IMCU nurses treat patients who are suffering from serious conditions, such as diabetes mellitus, electrolyte imbalances, renal failure, liver failure, gastrointestinal bleeds, blood disorders, cancer, sepsis, respiratory distress or multi-system organ failure
- The IMCU RN assess each patient’s needs individually and collects relevant data, such as temperature, blood pressure and pain levels, according to the facility’s prescribed procedure.
- Conduct ongoing assessments of each patient’s status in accordance with the facility’s requirements.
- Perform physician prescribed treatments in a timely manner
- Communicate effectively with patients, families, physicians, and coworkers, being an advocate for the patient at all times
- Evaluate patient’s response to care and initiate independent and/or collaborative changes where appropriate
- Perform other patient interventions described by the patient’s individualized treatment plan.
- Provide individualized education for the patient, family, and or caregiver throughout the continuum of care.
- Prepare equipment and assists physician during examination and treatment of patient
- Records all care information accurately and completely and in accordance with guidelines established for Registered Nurses
- Performs other position related duties as assigned
BENEFITS OF BEING GIFTED!
- Refer a Registered Nurse – You and your referral both get $500 with GIFTED’s Refer an RN Friend Program
- Flexible scheduling
- Premium pay
- Same Day or Weekly Pay
- Ability to work in premier facilities
- Access to Chief Nursing Officer 24-7
- Access to Social Worker 24-7
- Group Health insurance benefits:
- Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Short and Long Term Disability
- AD&D Insurance
Benefits of being a GIFTED TRAVEL NURSE
- Private housing and housing allowance
- Personal Career Coach
- Extremely competitive personalized pay package
This nationally ranked, not-for-profit facility is known for its unique combination of leading-edge health care provided by a compassionate team. This 886-bed serves people all throughout southwest Missouri and northwest Arkansas. It is home to a designated Level I Trauma Center & Burn Center, Life Line air ambulance service, a dedicated Children’s Hospital, Cancer Center, Heart Institute, and a nationally-certified Stroke Center.
Located along the Ozarks, Springfield, Missouri is a regional hub with large city amenities and small town hospitality. Includes intriguing attractions, a diverse culinary scene, unique shopping, and an ode to classic American heritage. Visit the Pythinian Castle for ghost tours and mystery dinners, the Gillioz Theater, a restored 1920’s performing arts theater, and the Fantastic Caverns – America’s ONLY underground driving tour through a cave.
ABOUT GIFTED HEALTHCARE
GIFTED Healthcare is a company that believes in the power of one person to make a difference in patient care. Join the ranks of our rapidly growing team of healthcare professionals, and become that difference!
Do you remember why you became a Registered Nurse at GIFTED? We do!