Registered Nurse – IMC job in Pasadena, TX
Intermediate Medical Care Unit/IMCU Registered Nurse (RN) Travel Job
Intermediate Medical Care Unit/IMCU RN Responsibilities:
- IMCU nurses treat patients who are suffering from serious conditions, such as diabetes mellitus, electrolyte imbalances, renal failure, liver failure, gastrointestinal bleeds, blood disorders, cancer, sepsis, respiratory distress or multi-system organ failure
- The IMCU RN assess each patient’s needs individually and collects relevant data, such as temperature, blood pressure and pain levels, according to the facility’s prescribed procedure.
- Conduct ongoing assessments of each patient’s status in accordance with the facility’s requirements.
- Perform physician prescribed treatments in a timely manner
- Communicate effectively with patients, families, physicians, and coworkers, being an advocate for the patient at all times
- Evaluate patient’s response to care and initiate independent and/or collaborative changes where appropriate
- Perform other patient interventions described by the patient’s individualized treatment plan.
- Provide individualized education for the patient, family, and or caregiver throughout the continuum of care.
- Prepare equipment and assists physician during examination and treatment of patient
- Records all care information accurately and completely and in accordance with guidelines established for Registered Nurses
- Performs other position related duties as assigned
BENEFITS OF BEING GIFTED!
- Refer a Registered Nurse – You and your referral both get $500 with GIFTED’s Refer an RN Friend Program
- Flexible scheduling
- Premium pay
- Same Day or Weekly Pay
- Ability to work in premier facilities
- Access to Chief Nursing Officer 24-7
- Access to Social Worker 24-7
- Group Health insurance benefits:
- Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Short and Long Term Disability
- AD&D Insurance
Benefits of being a GIFTED TRAVEL NURSE
- Private housing and housing allowance
- Personal Career Coach
- Extremely competitive personalized pay package
This 345 bed facility is a full service, acute care hospital and has been the leader of medical care in the region for over 50 years. This hospital is recognized by the surrounding community as a top-quality, comprehensive, and compassionate healthcare facility. Some of the services offered at this hospital include bariatrics, behavioral health, cardiovascular, imaging, rehabilitation, sleep medicine, women’s care, and wound care. This hospital is the only hospital with Cycle II Chest Pain Accreditation by the Society of Chest Pain Centers and has full accreditation by The Joint Commission on the Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations.
Pasadena is located only 20 minutes outside of the large and exciting city, Houston, Houston serves up nationally recognized dining, shopping, entertainment and nightlife, and is home to multiple professional sports teams including the NBA Rockets and NFL Texans. The city hosts world-class attractions and events including the NASA Space Center Mission Control and the largest Fine Arts Museum in the Southwest. As the fourth largest city in the U.S. Houston is known as a shopping mecca, with more than a dozen distinct retail shopping centers from vintage to high-end designer boutiques.
ABOUT GIFTED HEALTHCARE
GIFTED Healthcare is a company that believes in the power of one person to make a difference in patient care. Join the ranks of our rapidly growing team of healthcare professionals, and become that difference!
Do you remember why you became a Registered Nurse at GIFTED? We do!