Registered Nurse – IMC job in Madison, WI
Intermediate Medical Care Unit/IMCU Registered Nurse (RN) Travel Job
Intermediate Medical Care Unit/IMCU RN Responsibilities:
- IMCU nurses treat patients who are suffering from serious conditions, such as diabetes mellitus, electrolyte imbalances, renal failure, liver failure, gastrointestinal bleeds, blood disorders, cancer, sepsis, respiratory distress or multi-system organ failure
- The IMCU RN assess each patient’s needs individually and collects relevant data, such as temperature, blood pressure and pain levels, according to the facility’s prescribed procedure.
- Conduct ongoing assessments of each patient’s status in accordance with the facility’s requirements.
- Perform physician prescribed treatments in a timely manner
- Communicate effectively with patients, families, physicians, and coworkers, being an advocate for the patient at all times
- Evaluate patient’s response to care and initiate independent and/or collaborative changes where appropriate
- Perform other patient interventions described by the patient’s individualized treatment plan.
- Provide individualized education for the patient, family, and or caregiver throughout the continuum of care.
- Prepare equipment and assists physician during examination and treatment of patient
- Records all care information accurately and completely and in accordance with guidelines established for Registered Nurses
- Performs other position related duties as assigned
BENEFITS OF BEING GIFTED!
- Refer a Registered Nurse – You and your referral both get $500 with GIFTED’s Refer an RN Friend Program
- Flexible scheduling
- Premium pay
- Same Day or Weekly Pay
- Ability to work in premier facilities
- Access to Chief Nursing Officer 24-7
- Access to Social Worker 24-7
- Group Health insurance benefits:
- Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Short and Long Term Disability
- AD&D Insurance
Benefits of being a GIFTED TRAVEL NURSE
- Private housing and housing allowance
- Personal Career Coach
- Extremely competitive personalized pay package
This facility is a 505-bed regional referral center that offers a full range of services. It is home to a Level One adult and pediatric trauma center, American College of Surgeons-verified Burn Center, one of the nation’s largest organ transplant programs, one of the nation’s first certified comprehensive stroke centers and a cancer center that is one of 41 National Cancer Institute-designated comprehensive centers in the country.
Madison, the state capital of Wisconsin, is described as one of the most quintessential American cities and is often featured in lists of the best places to live in the US thanks to its vibrant cultural scene. From superb events such as the wonderful Rhythm and Booms, a huge firework and music festival that includes fly-pasts by air force jets, to its first-rate museums and art galleries, Madison offers diverse attractions for everyone. In the summer months, the city’s extensive 200-mile bike trail network is bustling, while others might be sailing on one of the many lakes. In the winter, the city is all about skating, hickey, skiing, and ice fishing.
ABOUT GIFTED HEALTHCARE
GIFTED Healthcare is a company that believes in the power of one person to make a difference in patient care. Join the ranks of our rapidly growing team of healthcare professionals, and become that difference!
Do you remember why you became a Registered Nurse at GIFTED? We do!