Registered Nurse – ICU job in Thousand Oaks, CA
ICU/ Critical Care/ Intensive Care Unit Registered Nurse (RN) Travel Job
Critical Care/ICU/ CCU RN Responsibilities:
- Critical Care Registered Nurses must be proficient in a wide variety of high-level nursing skills. Exceptional Critical Care RNs have strong interpersonal communication, leadership, and critical thinking
- Assessing a patient’s condition and planning and implementing patient care plans
- Assisting physicians in performing procedures
- Observing and recording vital signs
- Evaluating and ordering diagnostic tests
- Monitor the patients well-being, both emotional and physical
- Collaborates with members of the critical care team
- Administers intravenous fluids and medications
- Responds to life threatening situations using nursing standards and protocols for treatment
- Treats wounds and provides advanced life support
- Ensured ventilators, monitors, and other types of medical equipment static function properly
- Acts as patient advocate
- Provides education and support to patient families
- The Critical Care RN performs other position related duties as assigned
BENEFITS OF BEING GIFTED!
- Refer a Registered Nurse – You and your referral both get $500 with GIFTED’s Refer an RN Friend Program
- Flexible scheduling
- Premium pay
- Same Day or Weekly Pay
- Ability to work in premier facilities
- Access to Chief Nursing Officer 24-7
- Access to Social Worker 24-7
- Group Health insurance benefits:
- Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Short and Long Term Disability
- AD&D Insurance
Benefits of being a GIFTED TRAVEL NURSE
- Private housing and housing allowance
- Personal Career Coach
- Extremely competitive personalized pay package
This facility is a 404-bed acute care hospital dedicated to serving the residents of Ventura and Los Angeles Counties and the Greater Conejo Valley and its surrounding communities.
As the only Level II Trauma Center in East Ventura County, it is known for providing excellent medical care with compassion and kindness to each of our patients.
Originally built in 1968, they underwent a major $120 million expansion in 2007. The new 200,000 sq. ft. building features a soaring 3-story lobby and 90 additional private patient rooms offering our patients and their loved ones a winning combination of technological advancement and compassionate, comprehensive care by a team of outstanding healthcare professionals.
In addition, they completed a fourth floor addition. This vertical expansion, build-out of our third floor, has brought another 90 new private patient rooms to their community. In 2015 they completed the seismic retrofit of their original tower and renovated beautiful private patient rooms to be equipped with state-of-the-art technology.
ABOUT GIFTED HEALTHCARE
GIFTED Healthcare is a company that believes in the power of one person to make a difference in patient care. Join the ranks of our rapidly growing team of healthcare professionals, and become that difference!
Do you remember why you became a Registered Nurse at GIFTED? We do!