Registered Nurse – ICU job in Palmer, AK
ICU/ Critical Care/ Intensive Care Unit Registered Nurse (RN) Travel Job
Critical Care/ICU/ CCU RN Responsibilities:
- Critical Care Registered Nurses must be proficient in a wide variety of high-level nursing skills. Exceptional Critical Care RNs have strong interpersonal communication, leadership, and critical thinking
- Assessing a patient’s condition and planning and implementing patient care plans
- Assisting physicians in performing procedures
- Observing and recording vital signs
- Evaluating and ordering diagnostic tests
- Monitor the patients well-being, both emotional and physical
- Collaborates with members of the critical care team
- Administers intravenous fluids and medications
- Responds to life threatening situations using nursing standards and protocols for treatment
- Treats wounds and provides advanced life support
- Ensured ventilators, monitors, and other types of medical equipment static function properly
- Acts as patient advocate
- Provides education and support to patient families
- The Critical Care RN performs other position related duties as assigned
BENEFITS OF BEING GIFTED!
- Refer a Registered Nurse – You and your referral both get $500 with GIFTED’s Refer an RN Friend Program
- Flexible scheduling
- Premium pay
- Same Day or Weekly Pay
- Ability to work in premier facilities
- Access to Chief Nursing Officer 24-7
- Access to Social Worker 24-7
- Group Health insurance benefits:
- Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Short and Long Term Disability
- AD&D Insurance
Benefits of being a GIFTED TRAVEL NURSE
- Private housing and housing allowance
- Personal Career Coach
- Extremely competitive personalized pay package
This 74-bed facility offers a wide range of inpatient and outpatient care, diagnostic imaging and emergency, medical and surgical services. It is accredited by The Joint Commission for Heart Attack, Pneumonia, and Surgical Care and has won the Mountain Pacific Quality Award four years in a row. It was recently selected by Becker’s Hospital as one of 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare.
Palmer is located approximately 43 miles from Anchorage, Alaska. Anchorage is the largest city in Alaska, offering breathtaking views, great museums and diverse cultural attractions. Explore the Alaska Zoo where you can see over 100 animals and birds including a variety of animals native only to Alaska, including some exotic species such as yaks, Amur tigers and Bactrian Camels. Take a Planet Earth guided tour of the city and the surrounding areas to get a feel for Anchorage and learn fun facts about the history and culture. For outdoor recreation check out Kincaid Park that is situated on 1,400 acres with spectacular views of the mountains and some of the best sunsets in Alaska.
ABOUT GIFTED HEALTHCARE
GIFTED Healthcare is a company that believes in the power of one person to make a difference in patient care. Join the ranks of our rapidly growing team of healthcare professionals, and become that difference!
Do you remember why you became a Registered Nurse at GIFTED? We do!