Registered Nurse – ICU job in Owensboro, KY
ICU/ Critical Care/ Intensive Care Unit Registered Nurse (RN) Travel Job
Critical Care/ICU/ CCU RN Responsibilities:
- Critical Care Registered Nurses must be proficient in a wide variety of high-level nursing skills. Exceptional Critical Care RNs have strong interpersonal communication, leadership, and critical thinking
- Assessing a patient’s condition and planning and implementing patient care plans
- Assisting physicians in performing procedures
- Observing and recording vital signs
- Evaluating and ordering diagnostic tests
- Monitor the patients well-being, both emotional and physical
- Collaborates with members of the critical care team
- Administers intravenous fluids and medications
- Responds to life threatening situations using nursing standards and protocols for treatment
- Treats wounds and provides advanced life support
- Ensured ventilators, monitors, and other types of medical equipment static function properly
- Acts as patient advocate
- Provides education and support to patient families
- The Critical Care RN performs other position related duties as assigned
BENEFITS OF BEING GIFTED!
- Refer a Registered Nurse – You and your referral both get $500 with GIFTED’s Refer an RN Friend Program
- Flexible scheduling
- Premium pay
- Same Day or Weekly Pay
- Ability to work in premier facilities
- Access to Chief Nursing Officer 24-7
- Access to Social Worker 24-7
- Group Health insurance benefits:
- Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Short and Long Term Disability
- AD&D Insurance
Benefits of being a GIFTED TRAVEL NURSE
- Private housing and housing allowance
- Personal Career Coach
- Extremely competitive personalized pay package
Built in 2013, this 477-bed facility was designed to help patients receive high-quality care in a comfortable environment. With over 9 stories, it has as many windows that were allowed because natural light is proven to help aid in healing. It is a verified Level III Trauma Center, certified Primary Stroke Center, and their emergency department gets over 66,000 visits a year! This hospital also has the largest Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit in the region and offers a full array of inpatient and outpatient services.
As the fourth-largest city in Kentucky, Owensboro is located on scenic bend Ohio River in western Kentucky. It is only an hour from Bowling Green and two hours from Nashville, TN, allowing you do really do some amazing road trips on your days off. Known as the “City of Festivals,” Owensboro hosts more than 20 annual festivals including the International Bar-B-Q Festival, Big O Music Fest, or the River of Bluegrass Music Festival. Explore the International Bluegrass Music Museum, the world’s only facility dedicated to the history and preservation of the history of the genre that originated in western Kentucky. If you are into outdoor adventure, look no further, Owensboro has numerous trails and pools, ice skating, a sports center, and a 5,000-seat arena.
ABOUT GIFTED HEALTHCARE
GIFTED Healthcare is a company that believes in the power of one person to make a difference in patient care. Join the ranks of our rapidly growing team of healthcare professionals, and become that difference!
Do you remember why you became a Registered Nurse at GIFTED? We do!