Registered Nurse – ICU job in Monroe , LA
ICU/ Critical Care/ Intensive Care Unit Registered Nurse (RN) Travel Job
Critical Care/ICU/ CCU RN Responsibilities:
- Critical Care Registered Nurses must be proficient in a wide variety of high-level nursing skills. Exceptional Critical Care RNs have strong interpersonal communication, leadership, and critical thinking
- Assessing a patient’s condition and planning and implementing patient care plans
- Assisting physicians in performing procedures
- Observing and recording vital signs
- Evaluating and ordering diagnostic tests
- Monitor the patients well-being, both emotional and physical
- Collaborates with members of the critical care team
- Administers intravenous fluids and medications
- Responds to life threatening situations using nursing standards and protocols for treatment
- Treats wounds and provides advanced life support
- Ensured ventilators, monitors, and other types of medical equipment static function properly
- Acts as patient advocate
- Provides education and support to patient families
- The Critical Care RN performs other position related duties as assigned
BENEFITS OF BEING GIFTED!
- Refer a Registered Nurse – You and your referral both get $500 with GIFTED’s Refer an RN Friend Program
- Flexible scheduling
- Premium pay
- Same Day or Weekly Pay
- Ability to work in premier facilities
- Access to Chief Nursing Officer 24-7
- Access to Social Worker 24-7
- Group Health insurance benefits:
- Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Short and Long Term Disability
- AD&D Insurance
Benefits of being a GIFTED TRAVEL NURSE
- Private housing and housing allowance
- Personal Career Coach
- Extremely competitive personalized pay package
This facility has grown over the past 100 years to 352 licensed beds, becoming Northeast Louisiana’s largest healthcare provider. It offers a full range of medical and surgical specialties, including cardiology and cardiovascular surgery, orthopedics, neurology and neurosurgery, oncology, physical medicine, critical care for infants, children and adults, emergency services, obstetrics, general surgery, general medicine, skilled care, rehabilitation, and outpatient care. This facility also earned a Hospital grade of “A” in Leapfrog’s Fall 2015 Hospital Safety Scores.
Monroe is the 8th largest city in Louisiana. It is home of a few historic revolutions such as Delta Airlines, who got its start in 1926 and Coca-Cola, who opened its first bottling plant in Monroe! Popular attractions include Biedenharn Home and Gardens, the estate of the first Coke bottler that is now a museum and sculpture garden. The Chennault Aviation and Military Museum of Louisiana has exhibits on Delta Airlines, the local World War II flight school at Selman Field and the volunteer combat unit called the Flying Tigers. Monroe is also home to the University of Louisiana at Monroe offering college sports and events. Outdoor enthusiasts can discover Black Bayou National Wildlife Refuge, an 1,800 acre, cypress-studded land with water and trails to explore or take a trip to the Louisiana Purchase Gardens and Zoo, offering up-close encounters with animals from around the world.
ABOUT GIFTED HEALTHCARE
GIFTED Healthcare is a company that believes in the power of one person to make a difference in patient care. Join the ranks of our rapidly growing team of healthcare professionals, and become that difference!
Do you remember why you became a Registered Nurse at GIFTED? We do!