Registered Nurse – ICU job in Memphis, TN
ICU/ Critical Care/ Intensive Care Unit Registered Nurse (RN) Travel Job
Critical Care/ICU/ CCU RN Responsibilities:
- Critical Care Registered Nurses must be proficient in a wide variety of high-level nursing skills. Exceptional Critical Care RNs have strong interpersonal communication, leadership, and critical thinking
- Assessing a patient’s condition and planning and implementing patient care plans
- Assisting physicians in performing procedures
- Observing and recording vital signs
- Evaluating and ordering diagnostic tests
- Monitor the patients well-being, both emotional and physical
- Collaborates with members of the critical care team
- Administers intravenous fluids and medications
- Responds to life threatening situations using nursing standards and protocols for treatment
- Treats wounds and provides advanced life support
- Ensured ventilators, monitors, and other types of medical equipment static function properly
- Acts as patient advocate
- Provides education and support to patient families
- The Critical Care RN performs other position related duties as assigned
BENEFITS OF BEING GIFTED!
- Refer a Registered Nurse – You and your referral both get $500 with GIFTED’s Refer an RN Friend Program
- Flexible scheduling
- Premium pay
- Same Day or Weekly Pay
- Ability to work in premier facilities
- Access to Chief Nursing Officer 24-7
- Access to Social Worker 24-7
- Group Health insurance benefits:
- Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Short and Long Term Disability
- AD&D Insurance
Benefits of being a GIFTED TRAVEL NURSE
- Private housing and housing allowance
- Personal Career Coach
- Extremely competitive personalized pay package
As the largest and most comprehensive hospital of this large health system, the 617-bed facility is the major academic and teaching hospital. By combining extensive research, updated medicine techniques and advanced technologies, the hospital is able to offer patients the highest quality care. The way the hospital is set up, allows multidiscipline collaboration between doctors and cases ensure the patient receives a full care treatment plan. Some of the more advanced services offered at the facility include the brain and spine institute, cardiovascular institute, comprehensive stroke services, and the head and neck surgery center. The hospital is well awarded and recognized making it a top regional facility that the community can whole heartedly trust.
The city of Memphis offers world-class attractions for music fans to outdoorsy types, art enthusiasts to soul food lovers. History is everywhere in Memphis, from the National Civil Rights Museum to Sun Studio, where Elvis recorded his first record. Take a trip to Elvis’ former home, Graceland, and check out a club along Beale Street, where the blues found its roots. The Memphis Zoo is always a hit with its polar, panda and grizzly bears. Memphis is known first and foremost for its mouthwatering barbecue. There are many activities to take part in along the Mississippi River, including kayaking through Mud Island.
ABOUT GIFTED HEALTHCARE
GIFTED Healthcare is a company that believes in the power of one person to make a difference in patient care. Join the ranks of our rapidly growing team of healthcare professionals, and become that difference!
Do you remember why you became a Registered Nurse at GIFTED? We do!