Registered Nurse – ICU job in Louisville, KY
ICU/ Critical Care/ Intensive Care Unit Registered Nurse (RN) Travel Job
Critical Care/ICU/ CCU RN Responsibilities:
- Critical Care Registered Nurses must be proficient in a wide variety of high-level nursing skills. Exceptional Critical Care RNs have strong interpersonal communication, leadership, and critical thinking
- Assessing a patient’s condition and planning and implementing patient care plans
- Assisting physicians in performing procedures
- Observing and recording vital signs
- Evaluating and ordering diagnostic tests
- Monitor the patients well-being, both emotional and physical
- Collaborates with members of the critical care team
- Administers intravenous fluids and medications
- Responds to life threatening situations using nursing standards and protocols for treatment
- Treats wounds and provides advanced life support
- Ensured ventilators, monitors, and other types of medical equipment static function properly
- Acts as patient advocate
- Provides education and support to patient families
- The Critical Care RN performs other position related duties as assigned
BENEFITS OF BEING GIFTED!
- Refer a Registered Nurse – You and your referral both get $500 with GIFTED’s Refer an RN Friend Program
- Flexible scheduling
- Premium pay
- Same Day or Weekly Pay
- Ability to work in premier facilities
- Access to Chief Nursing Officer 24-7
- Access to Social Worker 24-7
- Group Health insurance benefits:
- Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Short and Long Term Disability
- AD&D Insurance
Benefits of being a GIFTED TRAVEL NURSE
- Private housing and housing allowance
- Personal Career Coach
- Extremely competitive personalized pay package
This internationally renowned 462-bed facility is located in downtown Louisville, KY and is part of a large comprehensive health system. Since the facility opening in 1905, the mission has remained the dame, to provide all patients with the highest quality care and a strong emphasis on research and education. The facility is known as a high-tech tertiary referral center with leading-edge advancements in numbers specialties. Services at the hospital include cancer, transplant, women’s, emergency, transplant, and heart care.
In addition to bluegrass and horse-racing, Louisville is one of the “10 Best Food Cities” in the U.S. During your travel nurse contract in Louisville, KY discovers one-of-a-kind attractions like the legendary Churchill Downs racetrack, Louisville Slugger Museum & Factory, and the Muhammad Ali Center. Fourth Street Live is the city’s premier dining and entertainment destination and not to be missed. The city also hosts many festivals and events throughout the year including the Kentucky State Fair, The Blues, Brews and BBQ Fest, and of course the Kentucky Derby.
ABOUT GIFTED HEALTHCARE
GIFTED Healthcare is a company that believes in the power of one person to make a difference in patient care. Join the ranks of our rapidly growing team of healthcare professionals, and become that difference!
Do you remember why you became a Registered Nurse at GIFTED? We do!