Registered Nurse – ICU job in Jackson, MS
ICU/ Critical Care/ Intensive Care Unit Registered Nurse (RN) Travel Job
Critical Care/ICU/ CCU RN Responsibilities:
- Critical Care Registered Nurses must be proficient in a wide variety of high-level nursing skills. Exceptional Critical Care RNs have strong interpersonal communication, leadership, and critical thinking
- Assessing a patient’s condition and planning and implementing patient care plans
- Assisting physicians in performing procedures
- Observing and recording vital signs
- Evaluating and ordering diagnostic tests
- Monitor the patients well-being, both emotional and physical
- Collaborates with members of the critical care team
- Administers intravenous fluids and medications
- Responds to life threatening situations using nursing standards and protocols for treatment
- Treats wounds and provides advanced life support
- Ensured ventilators, monitors, and other types of medical equipment static function properly
- Acts as patient advocate
- Provides education and support to patient families
- The Critical Care RN performs other position related duties as assigned
BENEFITS OF BEING GIFTED!
- Refer a Registered Nurse – You and your referral both get $500 with GIFTED’s Refer an RN Friend Program
- Flexible scheduling
- Premium pay
- Same Day or Weekly Pay
- Ability to work in premier facilities
- Access to Chief Nursing Officer 24-7
- Access to Social Worker 24-7
- Group Health insurance benefits:
- Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Short and Long Term Disability
- AD&D Insurance
Benefits of being a GIFTED TRAVEL NURSE
- Private housing and housing allowance
- Personal Career Coach
- Extremely competitive personalized pay package
For over 40-years this 319-bed medical center in Jackson, MS has provided the community with medical services, including diagnostic and surgical cardiac services, obstetrics and women’s health services, cancer care, emergency care featuring FastTrack, a burn and reconstruction center, surgery and inpatient behavioral health services. This hospital was the first in Jackson to offer safer radiation treatments and is home to Mississippi’s only gamma knife. The facility is also one of the first hospitals in the nation to add a PET/CT scanner to its nuclear medicine department, and is the first hospital in Mississippi to offer other health care programs such as balance and hearing, wound management and the first to offer digital mammography combined with a special computer-aided detection system.
Jackson, MS is known as the “City of Soul” for its culture rich in blues, gospel, and jazz. As the capital and largest city in Mississippi, Jackson, has endless amounts of things to do and explore. Celebrate the Civil Rights Movement at the Smith Robertson Museum and Cultural Center or check out the Mississippi Sports Hall of Fame and Museum, named among the top 10 “Most Amazing Baseball Museums in America” by ESPN. You can also see a memorable performance by the world-class Mississippi Symphony Orchestra or grab a drink and authentic soul food at a blues “juke joint”. There is no shortage of fun in this family-friendly city.
ABOUT GIFTED HEALTHCARE
GIFTED Healthcare is a company that believes in the power of one person to make a difference in patient care. Join the ranks of our rapidly growing team of healthcare professionals, and become that difference!
Do you remember why you became a Registered Nurse at GIFTED? We do!